Ten

You keep hearing beeping, and it gets clearer and clearer. When you open your eyes, your vision is blurry, so you blink a few times to clear it up, and it gradually improves.

You turn your head and see what was beeping, it was a machine measuring your heart rate and other things. You look down and notice you also have an IV tube in your arm pumping fluids and medication into your body.

You look around the basic hospital room, and then turn your head to the door leading into the hallway, where you see your parents arguing.

"Mom, dad," you say, hoping to get them to stop arguing.

They come to a stop at the argument and they look at you. Your mother laughs and smiles brightly, relieved that you're okay. Your father does the same, but he's clearly still upset about something.

"Sweetie! Oh my goodness, you're all right" your mother exclaimed as she embraced you.

After you pull away from your mother, your father follows closely behind her and hugs you as well.

You look up at them as he pulls away. Your mother's eyes were glossy from crying, and her lips were horrible and chapped from picking at them, as she does when she is stressed.

You shift your gaze to your father, who also had glossy eyes that were red from crying and glabellar lines on his forehead, you frown and start to feel guilty at how much stress you had cause them.

"We were so worried about you" your dad tells you.

"What happened?" You asked confused.

Your mom starts playing with your hair, "well, you went to lexys house for a party, which by the way you didn't tell us or- " she was cut of by your dad trying to stop her from rambling.

"and her house caught on fire, with everyone still inside including you, and you breathed in a ton of smoke which cause smoke inhalation, which led you into here" your dad finished for your mom.

"How long have I been in here?"

"Two weeks" your mom says quietly, while she stops playing with your hair 

"TWO WEEKS?" You sorta yell, surprised by how long you were out.

They both nod, and you just froze trying to comprehend everything.

"Is everyone okay?" You ask realizing they never said anything about that.

They both exchange concerned looks. Your father gulps, making you even more concerned. Was Junior okay? He better be, you never got to tell him how you really felt.

"Well, most people are, but some weren't as lucky," Your father informs you, which does not help and makes you feel even worse.

"Who was hurt?" You questioned.

"Emma I'm pretty sure she was in your Leadership class, she got third degree burns all over her right arm, she's fine, but it looks bad" he continues

You remember Emma, she did in fact sat next to you in Leadership, she was always so nice, but she had a huge crush on Jake, which was never going to work out.

You nod your head to encourage him to continue.

"Junior, he also got smoke inhalation-"

"What? Is he all right?" You asked, concerned.

"Yes, he is fine. I think he was discharged the other day, he's been here a few times and was very concerned about you."

You get butterflies in your stomach because that he actually cares about you.