The Brothers

-

Kawaki shied from the dinner table once Boruto glared at him. What was his deal?

Kawaki had been living with Naruto and his family for 2 weeks now. He had been noticing that Boruto seemed to not like him. This confused him. Had he done anything to upset the Uzumaki?

"Thanks for dinner, mom," Boruto said bluntly, standing up. He cleared his dishes and thumped upstairs. Naruto gave his wife a worried look.

"Want me to talk to him?" the woman asked. Naruto pondered.

"Sure. He won't listen to me."

Himawari finished her food, skipping to Kawaki. Naruto brought our his laptop and was working. Hinata walked upstairs to talk to her son.

"Kawaki-san!" Himawari giggled, climbing into the boys' lap. Kawaki smiled.

"Yes Hima?"

"Can we go play outside!?" Himawari said loudly, making puppy eyes. Kawaki chuckled.

"Sure. Hey, Naruto? Me and Himawari are gonna go play outside!" 

"Mhmph..." Naruto mumbled, clicking on his laptop. Kawaki smiled. Himawari climbed onto his back as they ran outside.

-

"Look, Kawaki-san! A butterfly!" the small girl giggled, running after the pink thing. Kawaki smiled, following her. He really had no choice, she was tugging his hand.

"Himawari, do you want to go to the creek?" Kawaki asked. Himawari's eyes almost glowed.

"Do I!?" she yelled, zooming off to the creek. There was a small one by Naruto's house, a mere minute of walking away.

-

Kawaki skipped stones as Himawari danced in the water. Her shoes lay on the bed behind him, and he sat in a comfortable patch of moss. The girl ran around, doing high-knees and squealing.

"It's cold, Kawaki-san!"

"Do you want to get out?"

"No!"

Kawaki chuckled, skipping a stone across the way. As it hit another rock, people emerged from the trees. They seemed to be walking by. Kawaki didn't think much of it, before one pulled out a sword and started to circle where they were sitting. Kawaki's heart pounded.

"Himawari!" he hissed. "We need to go NOW!"

Himawari came over to him. "Why, Kawaki-san? I want to play longer!"

-

Kawaki raced with Himawari on his back to the house. 

-

"It's taken care of. They're in interrogations with Sasuke now," Naruto huffed, holding a now crying Himawari. He wiped her tears as Hinata took her.

"Who were they?" Kawaki asked.

"Assassin ninjas, I assume. Hima is the Hokage's daughter, and pretty weak at that. Easy target. Besides her monster byakugan, of course," Naruto chuckled.

-

Boruto said in front of his computer, reading messages from Mitsuki. Mitsuki was a boy at his academy, and his best friend. He had recently started talking to Sarada, his father's friend's daughter, but quickly thought she was annoying.

There was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Boruto said boredom, shutting off the computer.

"Hi Boruto," Kawaki said, walking in. Boruto sighed.

"What do you want?" the blonde demanded, giving a death glare.

"Answers."

"About what?"

Kawaki paced around the room as Boruto followed his eyes around.

"Why you seem to dislike me. I have done nothing to you."

Boruto scoffed. "I just... I'm not good at brother shit, ok?"

Kawaki turned out of the room. "I'll grow on you. Give me a chance. And- don't curse. You!re only 10."

Boruto chuckled, turning back on his computer.

-