The Sharingan

-2 years later, Boruto is 12 and Kawaki is 16-

"You all did wonderful training today!" Konohamaru congratulated his team. Sarada raised an eyebrow.

"We still have an hour of training, Sensei," she said. Mitsuki nodded. Boruto laughed under his breath, receiving an elbow from Kawaki. 

"Oh- That's right! Well, let's spar. I want Boruto vs Kawaki, and Sarada vs Mitsuki!"

-

Kawaki was pinned by Boruto. He grunted, attempting to get up. He attempted to conjure a rasengan. Boruto saw this and laughed.

"You really think you can make a rasengan!?" Boruto asked a little crazily. Kawaki's eyes burned of hatred.

"I Can! You're on top of me, Baka!" Kawaki yelled. Boruto gave him a glare. The blonde conjured a rasengan himself.

"I doubt that. After all," he said, pausing. "You're not even a real Uzumaki. I bet dad just saw how pathetic you were and felt bad. He was probably going for a more powerful kid to adopt. Not a peasant like you."

Konohamaru's face strained, hearing Boruto's words. "Boys, that's enough!"

But they didn't listen. Boruto dug a kunei into Kawaki's cheek, causing blood to spill from it.

"Don't talk about me like that, brother," Kawaki warned, getting angrier.

"We're not brothers, 'Kawaki'. And we never will be."

Boruto gasped, falling back. Kawaki pinned him now, struggling to contain his emotions. Konohamaru separated them, and Sarada walked up to Kawaki.

"Kawaki," she breathed, gasping.

"What!?"

"You have sharingan?"

-

They all sat, Sarada explaining about the sharingan.

"It's an ability only Uchihas have. Unless you steal it from someone," she said. Boruto gave Kawaki a concerned look.

"You're no Uchiha," Boruto said. "Did you steal from someone?"

Mitsuki raised his hand quietly. "How do we know he's not an Uchiha?" he asked. Sarada looked at him warningly.

"Me and my dad are the only Uchihas left," she said. "We can talk to Lord Seventh about it."

-