The Truth

-

Naruto looked to Kawaki. Kawaki's eyes were widened, looking at the floor, attempting to process this information. He... was his father?

"I'm sorry you had to find out like this," Naruto sighed, rubbing his face. 

"So.... who was my father again?" Kawaki asked. Had he missed a part?

Naruto's cheeks blushed in embarrassment. "S-Sasuke Uchiha. That's how you have the sharingan."

Kawaki realized something. "You mean Sarada's dad?"

Naruto nodded. 

Kawaki was.... Sarada and Boruto's sibling? And Himawari? 

"W-why did you leave me at the orphanage!?" Kawaki yelled, stuttering a bit. He had jumped up from his seat. Naruto seemed shocked at his son's reaction.

"K-Kawaki... I had no other choice," he seemed to cry. Kawaki felt bad, but didn't show it.

Kawaki walked out, out of the office, out of the building.

Hell, maybe he'd go out of the village.

He needed some time to think. 

Wait.

As he walked outside, he remembered that it was past midnight. Fuck. He'd go back home, and think in his room. Yeah. 

-

At breakfast the next morning, a foul mood was in the air. Naruto kept looking nervously at Kawaki. Hinata had definetly noticed, but kept quiet, to ask Naruto later. Boruto was oblivious to the situation. And Himawari was just her happy-go-lucky self.

"Kawaki-san! Do you and Oni-chan have missions today?" Himawari chirped. Boruto scoffed, walking to the door.

"I'm not sure, Hima. I'll have to see once we get to sensei and the others." Kawaki smiled. He kissed the top of Himawari's head, and waved a sayonara to his "mom" and "dad".

-

"What's up with him?" Sarada asked Boruto, as Kawaki walked past. "Why does he look so... cold?"

Boruto smirked. "Probably second thinking his decision on stealing sharingans."

Mitsuki elbowed Boruto, giving a warning look. Kawaki decided to ignore his half brother's comment, and his half sister's observation. He was going to have an important visit after training today.

-