one.

[-]

[-]

Oh no, not again. The alarm rang through the entire house and made April let out a frustrated groan while sitting on the edge of the roof. The alarm's sound was something unbearable, the origin of her nightmares. She considered going down to see what had happened but eventually decided to stay up there and not interfere.

It didn't take long to hear crashing and screaming inside the academy. April was close to going until she heard the different exits of the house open and a group of people began to run out of the academy, seemingly after miserably losing against the Sparrows. April spotted them from above and followed them with her eyes because of their weird looks.

"These people are psychos or some shit!" A guy with a cowboy hat yelled in frustration. "I mean, Ben doesn't fight like that and now he's...he's mean!"

"Well, at least he's alive," A boy, younger and smaller than everyone else, sighed. "Let's get away from those freaks."

The boy turned around to look at the academy that once was his home and instantly saw the little girl on the roof. His attention was drawn to her instantly, but she quickly ran away and hid before he could look at her any longer. He squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, thinking to himself who could that be.

"Five, you coming?" A big guy with muscles called out for him and the boy quickly ran over to them.

Meanwhile, April walked down the stairs, her shadows following her from behind on the walls, and saw the broken academy. Furniture was destroyed, paintings were on the ground - it all looked like it hit a storm.

"What the hell happened in here?" She looked down from the balcony at the messy living room. "Did y'all battle an army or some shit?"

"Nice of you to show up now, sis," Marcus noticed her and gave her a look April despised.

April rolled her eyes, knowing her fate, and followed Marcus to the reading room across the house. While she walked, she could see the full extinct of what had happened and it looked like it would require quite a job to clean it all up.

Marcus let her walk first into the room before he slammed the door as a way of showing his anger and pointed at her. "You have some explaining to do, Number Eight."

"Oh, please," April crossed her arms on her chest, she hated when she was called by her number, it sounded way too formal. "Spare me of your little monologue, Marcus."

"Where the hell were you the entire time?" He raised his voice, coming closer to her. "The academy got attacked and you didn't bother helping us?"

"Yeah, you clearly needed my help if this is how the academy ended up looking," April referred to the mess in the house. "I saw those lunatics walk out and you could have easily ended them in seconds."

"And we did, they withdrew!" Marcus told her. 

"They withdrew not fast enough," April took a step closer to him. "And now, the academy is left in shambles."