eight.

[-]

[-]

The raging ball of fire looked menacing up close, sending a resonating sound the second anything came in close contact with it. The temperature around it was high and burning hot. If you were to lay a finger on it, there was no doubt, you would be cooked alive.

The two families cramped inside the small basement, sending each other glares of threats, as Sloane, Viktor, Lila, and Christopher gathered around the ball of lighting.

"Have you ever moved a nest of bees?" Sloane curiously asked, about to explain everything.

April stood to the side, leaning against the wall with her hands crossed on her chest. Looking up from the ground to see if Five was looking at her wasn't necessary, she could sense when his eyes were on her. It was like a sixth sense for them.

"No, because that's weird," Lila replied in a monotone voice.

"You can't just pick it up," Sloane continued, walking around the fire. "You have to keep the nest calm while you build a box around it, and then you trap it."

Five wasn't the only one glancing at April, however, unlike Ben's rageful and annoyed given looks, the boy expressed sympathy and consideration for the girl. Unfortunately, she didn't notice them.

"One of those black holes inside is vibrating at a different rate," Fei informed when Sloane began to float and use her power. "Whatever happens, don't let them speed up or change, or everything will blow."

Both Viktor and Lila used their powers to form a new surface around the Kugelblitz. Using their own gravity to condense it, the ball began to shift and grow smaller, making everyone gain hope.

Even April stood upright and walked a couple of steps to the front to get a good view. Standing just a few feet away from Five, she was the closest to him since their last talk.

"You didn't tell me you were building a prison for God," Grace came out of utter nowhere, catching their attention. "You have no right to do that."

Luther and Diego went to inspect her, letting the others continue on, until Grace's flamethrower shot a wave of fire toward everyone, making them duck for cover. April hid behind a wall on one end of the basement while Five hid on the other side.

The boy glanced at her, watching as she took deep breaths and occasionally looked behind her, before space-jumping away and taking Grace with him. Meanwhile, the Kugelblitz was close to shrinking to its needed size.

Christopher dissolved into miniature pieces, surrounding the Kugelblitz and closing in on it. The ball was finally inside him and Viktor along with Lila and Sloane let out deep breaths of relief.

April, and everyone else, gathered closer to it as the tension in the room began to grow. The girl stood on Sloane's left side just as Five jumped back to the basement, landing right next to her.