six.

[-]

[-]

April noticed the Hargreeves siblings gathered around on the first floor as she exited the elevator. She marched over to them, and they all turned their looks on her in unison. "Good morning to you all as well."

"Thought you would have already fled the scene back to your family," Allison said, crossing her hands on her chest and inspecting April from head to toe.

"Well, I have better things to do than go running to my pathetic family," The girl sighed heavily, having to deal with Allison's bullshit first thing in the morning.

"You talked with them?" Diego asked her.

"No," April shook her head. "Didn't try to."

As she looked down at the ground at that mention, the siblings couldn't help but feel some sympathy towards her. They stood in silence together until a portal appeared above them and two people, Five and some other woman, fell out of it, onto a table.

They demolished the table entirely as the siblings all moved back and watched them in confusion without making a sound. The two rolled around in debris for a second, kicking and punching each other away.

"Where have you been?" Viktor was the first to ask.

"Facing my mortality, Viktor," Five stumbled around as he tried to get up as if he was drunk. "I don't recommend it."

"You had the briefcase?" Allison yelled in frustration. "We've been looking for this!"

Five watched how Allison kneeled to the ground and inspected the briefcase. "Well, look no further, that's the last one on earth." But when she picked it up, she saw smoke coming out of it. "Or was the last one."

Allison threw the briefcase to the ground like a little child and stomped over to the stairs. Five bent down to inspect it but quickly stood up with zero hope. "Yeah, that ain't good."

"Nice to see you're back," April walked over to him with her hands in her pockets. "I really bonded with your family while you were gone."

Five looked up at her from the ground and Lila's story came up in his mind. He had finally learned the truth and still wasn't able to understand how he could have killed such an innocent person like her.

Seeing her kind face made his guilt rise within him even more. "You're still here?" Five furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, not expecting to see her after breaking out of his gaze. "I thought you'd be with your family."

"Well, plans change. While you were gone, our families bonded together, or at least tried to do it." April chuckled.

"Wait, why?" Five asked.

"So we could save the world together," April told him the obvious.

"Shit, you're right," The realization finally came to Five. "Hey, guys, quit the chitchat, all right?" He got the attention of his siblings. "I'm calling a family meeting here."