eleven.

[-]

[-]

"I don't need you to tell me what's your decision," April chuckled softly, pacing around the room back and forth as Five sat on the bed and watched her. "You're clearly doubting dad."

"I'm not doubting him, April," Five disagreed in a low voice. "But I know enough to understand this is a trap."

The girl stopped at her pace and turned to him with a sigh, escaping her lips. "Is this about that deal?"

"It's not just that," He shook his head. "I've lost all my trust in the old man."

"He literally told you to stay back, you didn't listen to him and traveled to the apocalypse," April began to raise her voice. "How is that not supporting evidence?"

"I don't want you near him," Five was still holding his ground. "He's not a good man in general."

"Okay, then I'm going," April replied in a cheerful tone and began to walk toward the door.

"Where are you going?" Five stood up from the bed and raised his voice, making her stop. "Didn't you hear what I say?"

"Yeah, and?" April shrugged. "Who said I was going to listen to you?"

Five let his hands drop to his sides as he sighed. "April, don't you understand, I'm trying to protect you."

"That's funny, that's what everyone that keeps limiting me says that," Hearing those same words but not from Ben anymore made April scoff. "You're doing the opposite of that, you're restraining me!" Five stayed silent, not opening his mouth. "Okay then," She crossed her hands on her chest. "Give me one valid reason I should stay back."

As much as Five wanted to speak his heart, he couldn't bring himself to say it. April watched him fight the urge, waiting for him to finally talk. She didn't take her look off him for even a second, watching him like a hawk. 

"This better not be about last time-" She raised her hand up.

"Of course, it's about that!" Five burst out and almost yelled at the top of his lungs. "God, April, what do you think it is? Do you have any idea what I would do to myself if I ever let you die under my watch? Do you?"

April was now the silent one as her lip quivered, holding back tears. She didn't know how to react, should she keep her mouth shut or say something?

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew I let you die again for nothing!" Five frustratingly yelled. "I let my guard down once, I'm not going to do it again."

Seeing Five turn to her with that same look from the night he told her the truth when he was begging her for forgiveness, made April lose herself and sob her heart out. She put her hands on her mouth and looked down at the ground as Five stormed over to her and pulled the girl into a hug, letting her cry into his chest.