Sirin's Birthday

Sirin's POV

*Slash*

I cut through the last beast and sheathed my sword. The beast fell down in the snow.

"Good work, Captain!" Bella excitedly screamed as she reported the mission completion to Mama.

"Atleast do something instead of leaving everything to me, Bella." I complained as I wiped my sweat with a towel.

"Eh~ it's too much work."

"It would be less work if you did help though?"

She only pouted. This girl...

Bella leaned on the briefcase of her weapon and started using her phone.

"Oh. By the way, Siri. Cecilia-sama said that she and the rest would be waiting for you with the party when you come back."

I sighed.

"Mama didn't need to bother with that. I'm an adult now. I don't really need that much fuss about my birthdays."

I cleaned my sword with a cloth. I looked as it glowed in the sunlight.

"Don't say that in front of her. She'll cry and say that you're still a kid to her. She's been working hard for this, you know."

"I know." Mama sure is stubborn but she's endearing in that way.

.....

I wonder where's dad right now.

"Siri? Whatcha thinking about?" Bella asked, tilting her head.

"About dad. It's been a while, since I've seen him. Also...." I would be surprising if he knew.

"Are you worried that he doesn't remember your birthday?" She voiced my thoughts as if she read my mind.

"Even if he does, I wouldn't mind. He always seems busy. But still...it would make me....you know...a bit...disappointed." But I won't blame him for something like that.

Bella walked towards me and pulled my cheeks.

"Aw~ Siri, you little cutie."

"Ith hurths dhumbass." She let go.

"Well it's good that I'm free then."

"?!" Both of us were shocked as footsteps approached us.

I felt two arms hug me from behind.

"D-Dad?!/ Kotaro-sama?!"

"Yep, It's a me, Kotaro." He said joyfully.

I turned to look at him when he let go of me.

"What are you doing here, Dad? Not that I mind."

"Well, what kind off father would miss their daughter's birthday. Happy birthday, Sirin." He said as he pat my head.

"T-thank you, Dad." She blushed from embarrassment.

"Good to see you too, Bella."