four

"Uh–I just–" I couldn't form a sentence. The man did not look liek someone I wanted to mess with and so I was too scared to say anything to him.

"Pretty" AbRam pointed at me and I smiled softly. "I woke up in your house someone hit me with their car" I told him in one breath.

"Your brother found me and brought me down here" I was breathing heavily now because I spoke too fast both times.

"I've told you to not meet strangers like that" The man told AbRam. "My driver hit you accidentally you came out of nowhere and he couldn't stop in time" He explained.

"What the heck were you doing on an open road in the middle of the night?" He asked with a stern voice.

"Shouldn't you scold your driver?" I asked. "Already did. Now I'm questioning you" He eyed me. "Wha–" "Are you hurt?" He asked me. "Not that bad" I replied.

"You will stay here" He ordered. "What?" I knew it. I knew he was kidnapping me. Noticing how much I was panicking he assured me to calm down.

"Relax I don't want you to file some case against me just stay here for a day till you're better" He told me.

"Than you're free to go and if you need to see a doctor tell us we'll pay for it" He added. I just simply nodded. "And you" He turned to AbRam.

"Been looking for you the whole morning" AbRam giggled in his arms. I noticed how quickly the man's expression turned soft when he started conversing with his brother.

It was honestly sweet. I turned to the picture in AbRam's room and noticed the similarity between the elder brother and the father.

"Aryan" The man turned to a woman who walked in. "Breakfast is ready" She informed him and he simply nodded.

"Eat something" He said bluntly. "Food!" AbRam said excitedly as Aryan carried him out of the room.

"Aryan" I whispered to myself but I don't know why. I walked downstairs behind the two of them. I didn't notice anyone else in the house besides them.

There were a lot of pictures hanging around the house. I noticed their parents in many of them and a girl who I hadn't seen around. I sat and ate silently trying to not show them how hungry I really was.

"Bhaniya is didi coming back?" Aryan just nodded at AbRam. I figured it must be the girl who's in the pictures. As if on cue, someone barged through the huge front door.

"IM HOME!" I jumped as she announced her arrival loudly. AbRam leapt out of his seat and yelled, "DIDI!" and Aryan almost choked on his food because of his siblings.

"Suhana!" Aryan scolded the girl who I'm presuming is his younger sister. Suhana ignored his annoyance and hugged her baby brother tightly.

"Oh I've missed you" She squeezed him tightly. "Didi too hard" She finally let go of him and pulled his cheeks. "Sorry baby"

AbRam dragged her towards the dining table that we were seated on. "Hey bhaiyya" She greeted as she hugged him from behind.

"Hey" He simply said. "Rude could at least get up" Suhana said as she plopped into the seat next to him and opposite AbRam. Aryan just rolled his eyes in response.

I was left creepily observing this little family discussion. Suhana's eyes finally on me. I awkwardly shifted in the seat next to AbRam.

"Who are you?" She asked casually. "I uh–" "Oh you must be the new nanny" She quickly answered for herself. The new what? "Can you get me some food?" She asked.

"Huh?" I was so confused. "I know you're here for AbRam but you still work for all of us" She told me bluntly.

I looked over at Aryan who was looking at Suhana as if waiting for her to be done. "You done jumping to conclusions?" He asked her rhetorically.

"Driver accidentally hit her w the car last night" He told his sister who now had a shocked expression plastered on her face.

"Brought her here to make sure she's alright" He simply said as he finished off his water. Suhana nodded before turning her attention back to me.

"Are you hurt anywhere?" She asked with concern. "Oh no no I'm fine thank you" I quickly said. "Okay thank God" She said with relief before pouring herself some water.

"Here you go" I turned to see Suhana standing in front of me with my jacket in her hand. "Oh thanks" I was in the room from before and was packing up.

"Leaving already?" She asked as she sat down on the floor next to me. "Yeah I have to go" I told her. "Where do you live?" I looked at her when she asked.

"Oh sorry I just meant we can drop you to your home" She clarified. "Oh uh no thanks" I politely refused. I had no where to go and I didn't want to tell some strangers I didn't have a place to stay.

"Payal!" We turned our attention to AbRam as he ran into the room I was temporarily staying in. "What's wrong?" I asked him. "Play before you leave" He demanded.

"But buddy I really have to go" I told him. My heart melted when he stuck out his lower lip and looked down. Suhana tried to contain her laughter when we exchanged looks.

"Alright fine" I gave in. There was no way I could say no to that adorable face. "Don't trouble her too much" Suhana warned him. "I won't!" He pulled me out of the room.

"Woah!" I almost crashed into Aryan when AbRam and I were getting out of the room. I stumbled backwards and he reached out to hold me steady.

"You okay?" I nodded quickly. "Come on let's play" AbRam dragged me away before the situation got more awkward and I was grateful that he did that.