nineteen

"You didn't come back to my bed last night" I heard Aryan from behind me

"You didn't come back to my bed last night" I heard Aryan from behind me. I placed some fruits on my plate. We were having breakfast  on the cruise while Aryan had a meeting.

"Did you go deaf overnight" He said. "I went to check on AbRam and he woke up. He asked me to stay and I fell asleep" I said softly. I didn't turn around but I could sense when he walked away without a word.

I fixed AbRam's plate along with mine and went to feed him. "Bhaiyya" AbRam pointed across the deck. Aryan was in the middle of a conversation with two other men. He seemed visibly tired but he managed to mask it well.

"Hi" I turned around when I heard someone greet me. "Yes?" I asked. He didn't look like someone I knew. "It's me Jason" He said but it didn't ring any bells. "Uhm I'm sorry but you might have the wrong person" I told him.

"Oh right we didn't get a chance to exchange names the other night" It finally clicked. He was the man from the party. "Oh!" I said a little too loudly. "Hi" I greeted back. "So what're you doing here?" He asked.

"Oh I work for Aryan Khan" I told him. "I know that I meant here" He looked around at the busy deck. "I'm his nanny" I pointed at AbRam who was running around making his security run after him. "Oh I see" He said.

"Shall we take a walk?" He asked. I looked back at AbRam. "Just around the deck" Jason assured me. "Sure but let me just tell the guards" I told him. "Of course" I walked over to let the guards know before joining him.

"We never got to finish what we started that night" I smirked at his attempt to rekindle some of our romance from the other night. "I suppose it was for the best" I told him. "Hm is that so?" He asked. "Yes. Definitely" I stated.

I tapped on the railing as we walked around the deck. "May I ask why?" He was being quite persistent. It was a little too windy today and my dress was not cooperating.

"I don't think it would be wise to mix with his clients" I said truthfully. "I see. So if I wasn't his client–" "Do you men always need that ego boost?" I cut him off. He laughed at my response. "Yes. Yes we do" I rolled my eyes.

"This is just going insane" I gestured to my dress that was flowing all over. "Let me help you" He offered. "No that's not very appropriate" I told him and managed to control it myself.

He still, however, bent down to help me but instead of my dress he began to graze his fingers on my leg. I eyed him as he did. "Can I help you?" I said firmly and he immediately backed away. "Sorry" He whispered.

"That was really rude" I told him. "I have to go" I quickly said and pushed past him. "Hey wait!" He pulled me back. My back was against the railing and he stood at a distance in front of me.

"I'm sorry this will never happen again" He apologised and left immediately. I started walking back when I saw Aryan walking towards my direction. "Why were you with him?" He asked as soon as he got within arms length with me.

"No reason just recognised me so..." I trailed off but immediately ended with "...I told him nothing will happen between us" Aryan nodded. "That's not what I saw. Don't wear a dress if you can't handle" He said bluntly.

"Seriously?" I blurted out. He looked over at me with an intense glare that could pierce through my soul. I just rolled my eyes and walked away from him.

"Come on AbRam let's get you into the shower" I picked him up even though he whined but I just needed to get away from here and I couldn't do that without AbRam.

I walked away from Aryan knowing this incident will definitely bite me in the ass and I'll be answering for my behaviour tonight when he calls me to his room.

"I don't want" AbRam whined as I tried to get him into the tub. "Come on baby see we've got toys too" I told him. Finally, in the name of toys, he climbed into the tub.

"Okay okay stop" I told him. The little munchkin wouldn't stop fidgeting as I tried to dry him off with his towel. "I want bhaiyya!" I ignored him as I wrapped him in his towel.

"Bhaiyya's right here" I heard Aryan from behind. AbRam jumped up and down when he saw his brother. The little one jumped into Aryan's arms who spun him around.

I watched Aryan plop onto the bed with AbRam on top of him. "Let's get you dressed" I handed him the clothes that I picked out and immediately got up and left the room.

I just didn't want to be near Aryan. I thought about quitting. I was soon going to make enough salary to leave this place but I had grown too fond of AbRam to leave.

I still pondered on the matter in my head as I walked around the cruise. "Hey" I heard someone call out to me. It was Jason. "Oh hey" I greeted awkwardly.

He started to walk over to me and I tried to hide my disappointment. I was in no mood of socialising and just wanted to be alone. He started walking alongside me.

"I thought you might need some company" I chuckled awkwardly at his words. I really didn't. I merely nodded at everything that he was saying without listening.

I just let the wind blow onto my face. My hair flew back because of the breeze as we walked around the open area. "Ma'am?" I turned to see one of Aryan's security.

"He called for me?" I said bluntly and the man simply nodded. "I have to leave. I'll see you around" I told Jason. "Good night" He politely greeted and I walked past him with a soft smile.

I walked into the room and saw AbRam sleeping peacefully in the bed. He was tucked in securely and his soft breathing was so soothing to my ears.

The connecting door opened and Aryan just stood there with his usual brooding face. He didn't say anything but I knew what he wanted so I walked over and entered the other room.

He shut the door right before he pulled me towards him roughly and slammed me against the wall. "Now what did I tell you about that guy?" Anger was dripping from his voice.