fourteen

I sneaked out of Aryan's room once again. Last night was the fourth night in a row that I spent with Aryan. I was honestly glad because I felt safe next to him.

I felt as if no one could touch me although a part of me wished that he would touch me just a little more.

As per Aryan's request, I always make sure to sneak out before the rest of the house would wake up and see me in his room.

"AbRam!" I shouted at him but all I got was a bunch of adorable giggles as he ran down the stairs of the bungalow.

"Slow down you're going to hurt yourself" I warned him as I ran after him. I never understood how his little legs took him around the house so quickly.

AbRam turned a corner and I blindly followed him and bumped into a hard figure. "S-sorry" I stuttered when I saw Aryan in front of me.

He was a whole other person in the morning. I only liked to see him at night where I could sleep in his arms.

AbRam's giggle broke our eye contact and a smile broke out on Aryan's face when he looked down to see his baby brother tugging on his jeans.

"Hey now where are you going?" Aryan reached down to pick AbRam up. He gave me a quick glance before he walked off with his brother.

I stopped dead on my tracks when I saw a box on my bed. Not again. I was standing at the doorway of my room and refused to move forward.

I lifted my right foot and almost stepped inside the room but changed my mind at the last moment. I was not ready for whatever was in that box.

I turned around and immediately ran to Aryan's room. By the time I got to his door, I was slightly out of breath. I knocked quickly hoping to be inside the security of his room.

I knocked impatiently once again forgetting who's door I was knocking on. "What?!" Aryan angrily opened the door making me jump in my spot. "I didn't call for you" He scolded.

"Yes you did" I lied. He eyed me for a second. He opened the door wider and stepped forward. He stood so close to me, I could barely breathe.

"I hate liars" He said through gritted teeth. "Tell me the truth" He demanded. I gulped hard and couldn't bring myself to pull my gaze away from his.

"I wanted to sleep in your room" I told him with a straight face. He wouldn't had been able find the lie even if he wanted to because this was the truth.

I wanted nothing more than to sleep in his room. "Why's that?" He asked. I couldn't tell him the real reason which was Avi so I attempted to lie again.

"Because you're hot" I blurted out. He rolled his eyes. "Lie again" He said in an annoyed tone. "Don't be so hard on yourself" I joked.

"How are you going to control yourself the next few days?" He shook his head. "Next few days?" I asked. He raised his brow and rolled his eyes again.

"Were you so desperate to sleep with me you didn't even bother going to your room where I left something for you" He leaned against his doorway.

The box. "Oh uh no I didn't see it" I admitted. "I need to attend a three day conference on a cruise" He informed. "So why do I have to go?" I asked.

"Suhana's going on holiday with her friends so that's not an issue but I made the mistake of telling AbRam I'm going on a big boat"

I tried not to laugh when he mimicked how AbRam says 'big boat' but kind of failed.

He chose to ignore my little laugh. "So now you have to take him" "And you of course" He said. "I left a dress for you" He told me.

"You'll wear it for a party on the cruise" Before I could ask further questions he started making his way into his room.

"Wait" I called out to him which made him stop right before he closed the door. "Not tonight darling" He winked before shutting the door.

I was left alone in the empty corridor, afraid. I walked back to my room quickly. As soon as I stepped inside, I locked the door and stepped away from it.

I looked over at the box and went to take a look inside. The dress was beautiful and I couldn't wait to wear it at the cruise. I had never been to a cruise before.

I was still wondering why he needed to take me to the dinner when I could just stay with AbRam. There was a little message left for me at the side of the box:

We leave at 7am tomorrow. Be ready with AbRam.