seven

I took my seat and waited patiently for Arjen to say something but not a word came out of his mouth. Instead, airport himself a drink he had poured himself a drink and was slowly slipping on that sipping on it.

I am I fiddled with my fingers as I waited for him. I didn't know what he wanted for me. I just thought he called me here to let me go but if that was the case he would have done it by now.

He finally turned around, glass still in his hand as he walked towards my seat. "Where were you going that night?" He asked me. "Why are both you and your sister asking me the same question" I blurted out.

"My sister?" He asked, leaning back in his seat. "Yeah been questioning me" I told him in an annoyed tone. "Did you answer her?" I shook my head. "Why should I?"

"Easy on the attitude. You don't talk to me like that" I gulped. I didn't realise how far I had taken my tone. "Sorry" I mumbled. "But I shouldn't have to tell you" I said softly.

"I was happily on my way and you hit me with your car" I reminded him. "Now you're talking to me as if I was the one who did something wrong?" My heart was beating too quickly.

"You're right" He said. There was a sense of relief when he said that. "So can I go?" I asked him with a tint of hope in my eyes. "You can" He said. "But" Oh no.

"But what?" I didn't want to know but I had to. "AbRam likes you a lot" He stated. "And I need someone to take care of him" He took a sip from his drink. "Like a nanny?" I asked.

He nodded. "I researched on you" He told me. I took a sharp breath when he told me that he did a little information digging on my name. "You don't have a job anymore"

I shook my head. "I don't" He leaned forward and I looked at him. "I'm offering you a job for AbRam's nanny" He told me. "Salary will be high I assure you" He stated.

"Also you'll stay here so no worries about a roof over your head" I took in everything he said. "You're offering me a job" I repeated. He nodded. "Yeah any problem?" He asked.

I shook my head. "No" I told him. The reality was I had no where to go. I couldn't think of a single person that I could turn to so this job is the best option I've got so far.

"Good" He said. He placed his glass on the table in front of him and got up. He walked over to his work table and picked up two files and a pen. "Here" He gave me one of them.

"Read and sign" He told me. "Read properly I don't need any confusion" He instructed. I opened the file and was shocked to see such a detailed contract from a job for a nanny.

I read the entire contract thoroughly and looked through every detail as fast as I could. I felt like Aryan's gaze was concentrated on me and that distracted me from my reading.

He was undeniably hot and I was secretly glad that through this job I would be able to see him multiple times throughout the day. I took the pen from the table and signed once I was done readying.

"Here" I gave it back to him. "Good you start today" He told me. "Now that's one job" He said. "I have another job offer for you" He took another sip from his drink.

"What kind of job offer?" I asked. "I know what you used to do for your job" He told me. My heart started to beat quickly. "I–" He stopped me from speaking.

"You can keep being a nanny if you reject this but read" He gave me the other file. "Reading this one is much more important" He told me. I took the file with shaking hands and opened it to start reading the new contract.

Previously, I hadn't received such contracts. I read through it and with each word my anxiety increased. I turned to the last page where I saw the salary of this particular job. It was double the nanny's salary and that already was a lot of money.

There was a section in the contract where it was written that I cannot utter a single word about this contract to anyone even in his own family which means this will stay only between Aryan and me.

I've had plans in life. Plans that I had never been able to achieve because at every single turn of my life, the universe threw me into a new cage where I had to fight for my survival.

I looked at the salary of both jobs and combined them. With both, I could possibly get everything that I hoped for. Even if I did this for a year, all my hopes could come true.

Aryan was just looking at me and not saying a word. He was patiently waiting for me to make a decision. I still had the pen in my hand and I was constantly clicking it.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. I clicked the pen again and brought it to the paper. I signed it and shut the file before I gave it back to Aryan.

"Here" I told him. He looked at me and didn't take the file. He brought his glass to his mouth and downed the rest of his drink. He placed the glass back down and grabbed the file.

"Hm okay" He said. "When do I start this job?" I asked. "I'll let you know" He simply said. "Just focus on being a nanny" He told me. "Go" I nodded and walked out the door.

"What happened?" I bumped into Suhana while getting back to my room. "He gave me a job" I told her. "Take care of my brother or I'll kill you myself" She walked off.