twenty-one

"Jason?! What the hell are you doing here?" I wanted to shout at him as soon as I walked in but I didn't want AbRam to wake up and be scared so I kept my voice low.

"I-uh was looking for you" He attempted to make an excuse. "Bullshit" I said firmly. "Get away from him!" My whispers were getting louder and caused AbRam to stir in his sleep.

Jason was standing nearer to AbRam's bed than I was so he made a leap for him. I gasped when he reached out for the him and immediately grabbed the first thing I saw.

One of AbRam's fire trucks came into my grasp so I flung it across the room and managed to hit Jason's head. He fell back a few steps with his hand on his forehead.

The toy crashed onto the floor and broke. I leapt forward before Jason had a chance to control his balance. I ran and crashed into him so he would fall down but I fell on top of him.

This woke up AbRam and he screamed when he saw me scrambling to get away from Jason who was now holding out a knife. I ran over to AbRam who was still on the bed and held him close to me.

"Give me the boy" Jason said. "Never!" I yelled at him. "Give me–" AbRam screamed and covered his ears when he heard a gunshot. I covered AbRam who was shaking.

I looked up and saw Jason holding his leg in pain and screaming. His knife fell from his hand and the other hand was getting covered in his blood.

I looked at the door and saw Aryan standing there with a gun. His guards ran in after him and so did Suhana who came straight to hug AbRam tightly.

Aryan handed the gun over to one of his security and instructed him to get Jason out of here. I was still frozen in my spot while AbRam was crying in Suhana's arms.

"Suhana take him away from here and keep him with you for the night" Aryan said. "You two stand guard in front of her bedroom" He instructed to of his security guards.

I sensed Aryan walk over to me and kneel down next to the bed. "Are you okay?" I had never heard his voice so soft. "Y-yes I-" I tried to get more than one word out but failed.

"You're in shock. I understand" He said. "Are you hurt?" He asked. I shook my head and he nodded. "Good" He said as he stood up. "I want to go to my room" I told him.

"Sure" He said. "Take her to her room" He told his guard. "And stay there" I heard him instruct as we left AbRam's room.

"Thank you" I said to the guard as I stepped into my room. Before I closed my door, the guard told me he'll be right outside. I walked over to my bed but didn't manage to sit on it.

I sunk down to the floor and started to finally register what happened. The adrenaline made my head dizzy and I couldn't think straight. I never thought Jason would do this.

I shut my eyes when the sound of the gunshot replayed in my head. The knock on my bedroom door made me jump in my spot. I slowly got up and opened the door.

I was surprised to see Aryan standing there with his black half-buttoned shirt tucked into his black pants. "I just wanted to check up on you" He told me.

"Thank you" I invited him in and closed the door behind us. "Are you sure you're alright?" He asked. "Yes of course" I said as I confidently as I could.

"Really? Because you haven't changed in the past hour" I looked down at my clothes. I was still in my dress from the party. I didn't realise I had been sitting in my room for one hour.

"I got tired and was too lazy to change" I lied. He just nodded but could tell I wasn't being truthful. "Need some help?" He asked as he scanned my body.

"When I saw you downstairs in that dress I wanted to rip it off you so I'm glad you haven't changed out of it yet" I looked at him with disbelief when he said that.

"Just an hour ago you just shot a man in front of me and your baby brother whose room we were in because he was trying to kidnap him and you're flirting with me?" I asked him.

He just shrugged. "Well you look really hot in that dress" He admitted. "Aryan what the hell is happening?" I asked him. "Look this is why I told you to be more careful" He said.

"There are a lot of people out there who want to hurt my family" He started. "They've already succeeded with my parents" He looked away from me.

"I don't want them to succeed with my siblings too" He told me. "But why do they want to hurt you" I asked. "It's complicated but I need you to promise me something"

I listened carefully. "Anything that happens in this house, you tell me" He instructed. "I don't trust anybody" I nodded in understanding. "I will. Don't worry" I assured him.

"Good girl" He said making me blush. "You like that?" He asked. "When I say good girl" I rolled my eyes. "It's been an hour" I reminded him. "Ten minutes" He said.

"Huh?" "I lied it's only been ten minutes" He told me. "I only said that to check if you were disturbed and zoned out. Apparently you did" He simply said.

"Come here let me help you out of this" He extended out his hand. "Okay" I quickly took his hand and he pulled me to him.