Part VI

It was the next day and snow was still falling down heavy. Astrids mom was watching the news and noticed there was no school today. She allowed the kids to sleep in A little longer. When Hiccup woke up he didn't move a muscle because a special blonde was sleeping on him. Hiccup decided to play with her hair a little and try not to wake her up. Well let's just say after about 5 minutes of playing with her hair, Astrid woke up. "Morning Mi'lady" Hiccup said as he got out of the bed. "What time is it" Astrid said as she tried to get out of bed but was still to tired to move. What Astrid didn't know was it was the 10 year anniversary of when her dad divorced and left her mother. On this day Astrid never went to school because she was always wishing her father was still here for her. "It's January 15 Astrid" Hiccup said as sitting back down on the bed next to her. Hiccup knew this was the day her father left. He would never forget that day, it was the day he first meet Astrid and feel in love with her. Granted they were 7 years old at the time but he just saw her as a little cute 7 year old. Little did Hiccup know that she was a little on the mean side. "It's January 15, this marks the 10 year anniversary of my dad leaving me" Astrid started crying at this point. Hiccup put a arm around Astrid. "Oh Astrid you need to calm down it's been 10 years since this happened. It's a done deal, he is probably never coming back but you don't need him. You have me and that's all you need Astrid". Astrid had calmed down by now and was leaning on Hiccup's shoulder. Maybe he was right after all, this whole time she was trying to find happiness in the wrong people but Hiccup was her happiness. He was always there for her even when her dad left her and her mother. "Your right Hiccup he's never coming back to my mother or I" Astrid grabbed Hiccups hand and pulled him down stairs. They were laughing all the way down till they saw someone standing with her mother. "Father"? Astrid was still holding Hiccup's hand when she said this. No one could believe who was standing in front of them. For sure it was Astrids Father with Snotlout by his side. Hiccup was truly wishing he could take back his words that he uttered not even 5 minutes ago.