Part XII

It had been 4 weeks and it was Prom night. Astrid had on a beautiful green and blue long dress with a little cape on it. Her mother found her perfect. Her mom wanted to take as many photos as she could but Astrid didn't really like photos all that much. "Mom stop it, live in the moment please" Astrid begged her mom. Heather showed up just in time. She took Astrid with her so they could meet the boys for dinner. The boys were there, Ruffnut since she didn't have a date, waiting for Heather and Astrid to arrive. Everyone was feeling great but Hiccup felt weird. For some reason he felt like it was all a dream, that he would just wale up to find that Astrid and him never ended up together. While Hiccup was fighting this thought in his mind, she showed up. All the doubts he had faded at the sight of her. "Astrid you look....... Whoa". That's all Hiccup could get out. Astrid just stood there looking at Hiccup and then she just laughed. " Your such dork, come on let's eat" Astrid said as sitting down. Halfway through Dinner everyone decided to get up and leave early. Hiccup and Astrid decided instead of going to the dance early they would go on a romantic walk. Everyone said there goodbye and went there separate ways. While walking on the walk Hiccup decided to do something he never thought he would do. "Astrid hear me out before you punch me and hurt me. I love you more than anything in the world, I feel like all of this is a dream and that is why I got you this". Hiccup pulled out a ring with a heart shape diamond in the center and two dragons surrounding it. Astrid couldn't believe her eyes and didn't even realize she was crying. "Astrid this is a promise ring because I want to promise you that I will be with you no matter what we go through and you can always count on me". Hiccup put the ring on Astrids hand and everything was right. "Hiccup it's... perfect just like you". Astrid said this to Hiccup. After about an hour of walking, talking, and holding hands it was time for prom. Hiccup and Astrid walked into the ballroom hands intertwined within each other's. Everyone stopped and looked at the couple. The whole school was whispering but it was not for the reason that it should have been. Every guy Astrid had ever dated either dated her for grades, looks, or popularity. No one ever dated Astrid simply for Astrid, till Hiccup came around. The whole school turned there attention to the stage where Snotlout was holding a mic, nothing good was going to come from this. "Well if it isn't my Ex with her NEW boyfriend. Astrid is this not your 20th boyfriend in the past 6 years, no wait it's only your 8th. And here you thought I was not going to share your little secret that the minute you broke up with me you went straight to Hiccups bed to well we all will leave the rest to your imagination." The whole auditorium gasped and turned towards Astrid.