Chapter 9

☕

"Hyung?" Ni-Ki suddenly asked which almost made Sunghoon throw a few cups of coffee on the floor. "Kid, you scared me..." Sunghoon let out a heavy breath. "Sorry, hyung..." Ni-Ki pouted. "It's fine..." He sighed.

"What did you want to talk about before?" Sunghoon asked as he washed the dishes while Ni-Ki was busy cleaning the tables. "Oh,  about what you said to me when we walked home, that day..." Ni-Ki glanced down.

"Oh, about Sunoo confessing to Heeseung hyung and Heeseung feeling the same way, but giving up on a relationship, because of his cards?" Sunghoon said.

He said that so casually...

"Did that happen before, hyung?" Ni-Ki asked a bit curious. Sunghoon sighed at that question. "It did with other people, but this was the first time it happened to him..." Sunghoon glanced down feeling bad about it.

"Why does he believe in them so much?" Ni-Ki asked as he proceeded to walk to the counter. "Because he's dumb." Sunghoon sighed. "I mean does he even truly love Sunoo if he claims that they're not meant to be?" Sunghoon blurted out.

It did surprise Ni-Ki to be so protective over Sunoo, but he simply guessed that they knew each other longer than he and Sunghoon which was indeed true.

"You are right, but maybe Heeseung hyung has his reasons too..." Ni-Ki mumbled. Sunghoon turned around to glimpse at Ni-Ki who somehow seemed to him upset over something.

"Are you okay...?" Sunghoon suddenly asked as he decided to wash the plates. Ni-Ki glanced at him. "Uh, yeah..."

Sunghoon sighed as he removed the gloves from his hands and dried his hands with a paper towel that was near the sink.

All of a sudden he back hugged Ni-Ki which surprised Ni-Ki at first. "Look, kid, you can tell me if something bothers you..." Sunghoon said as he placed his head on Ni-Ki's shoulder. That did make Ni-Ki shiver a bit, but he still hoped that Sunghoon wouldn't find out anything about it.

"Uh, okay maybe I am a bit upset over something..." Ni-Ki sighed, but as soon as he did he noticed Sunghoon taking a peek at him, which made him feel embarrassed again.

Why am I feeling those feelings for a guy? I am straight after all.

"Yeah...?" Sunghoon questioned. "About what?" Sunghoon added. "About this whole situation..." Ni-Ki replied. "Everything is going to be fine, you didn't do anything wrong so, please don't think about it too much," Sunghoon said out loud.

"Yeah, but Heeseung did tell me that I'll like a person and there is going to be a third party involved and that I might not win that person's heart..." Ni-Ki blurted out. "It kind of matches with what Heeseung told you as well..." Ni-Ki said a tiny bit hopeless.

"It surprisingly does, but what if he messed up?" Sunghoon suddenly asked. "What do you mean hyung?" Ni-Ki asked feeling curious.

"What if he thought that, that person was Sunoo just because there were similarities with our stories?" Sunghoon asked as let go of a somewhat hug.

And now I don't feel warm anymore...

"It could be..." Ni-Ki said as he turned around to glance at Sunghoon who immediately started laughing at him. Ni-Ki crossed his arms as he pouted.

"What are you laughing for hyung?" Ni-Ki said with a frown on his face. "You're redder than Jay when he gets mad at me," Sunghoon said as he was cracking up which made Ni-Ki smile in return.

Cute.

"You're so cute..." Sunghoon said out loud as he tried to stop himself from laughing but couldn't. That did make Ni-Ki's heart flutter.