Ch 8:

"Kakashi, I need your help." Sasuke teleported right above the son of the white fang. The Uchiha knelt at the mountain top fingerless gloved hand out stretched to the man to take. His cloak billowing not even having fluttered to the ground yet. Sasuke fully prepared to pull his sensei's ass up to level ground in one grab of his hand. "I can't do this alone. Right now. Let's go."

Even in his anbu days the man still had his morning rituals. Ever since Sasuke was placed on team 7 he always knew exactly where to find his Sensei at any given time of day. All those attempts at tailing him for a peak at his mask were paying off. Currently Kakashi was one handed rock climbing. Sweat dripped from his sensei's brow. Kakashi stared at him boredly. He didn't move a muscle.

"Screw the climb. Let's go." Sasuke truly frustrated with Kakashi's lack of movement. Impatient. His hand shook a bit. "What are you waiting for? It's an emergency."

"This is weird even for you Gai, but an A plus disguise like that won't win you the challenge. That said, Love the gloves. Though that black nail polish is a bit much. Left hands chipping." Kakashi drawled, still eyeing him with that same detached look.

Sasuke reeled back like he was burned. Gai? His Sensei thought he was his henged rival? Why in the fuck-? Just his luck. He must have caught him in the middle of a damned rival challenge. Sasuke groaned. Fuck every part of his life. This was a whole new low. Thank god he left Naruto in the woods. He'd never live this down. Kakashi better not remember this.

As for the nail polish, well, his freshly blackened nails were his husbands handiwork. Idiot loved painting. Naruto would paint anything he could get his hands on. When Naruto asked him last night if he could do his nails, Sasuke let him, zero fucks given. He didn't care what prompted the sudden urge. The blonde was still restless and needed something to do. Well, one fuck had been given, but apparently that one hadn't been enough to get out all of Naruto's energy.

"I don't have time for your rivalry with broccoli senior, Kakashi." Sasuke glared down at him. He grabbed the front of his shirt and hauled him off the cliff side up onto the ledge. "And there's nothing wrong with my nails! I'd like to see you try to do a chidori without chipping polish."

Kakashi raised a brow. "Proposing another challenge already? It's not like you to accept defeat so quickly. But I suppose I could humor you. Kurenai's bound to have some on hand."

"I'm not here to challenge you! I'm not Gai!" Sasuke didn't expect it to be so hard to convince Kakashi. Never had he thought he would be mistaken for Gai of all people. The past was truly hell. Sasuke should have known better than to appear out of nowhere. That had to be how Kakashi was making that connection.

Of course even his Sensei would need convincing. He shouldn't have expected Kakashi to just summon his hounds and then they'd be on the move. Sasuke couldn't convince him alone. But he couldn't bring his husband into it. Sasuke would never live it down. He needed someone who would keep their trap shut. Someone who'd want to forget the experience all together. He left and reappeared with his brother in seconds.

Though Itachi didn't prove helpful right away.
Itachi was leaning over the side of the cliff dry heaving in seconds. Teleporting was too fast for him. It made Itachi's stomach lurch. Him and Sasuke were built very differently. It was such a rush. Itachi couldn't stand it. He wiped at his mouth with his wrist glaring at his little elder brother over his shoulder.

"No time for puking big brother." Sasuke hauled him upright. "Tell him I'm me and not Gai."

"If I do will you leave me alone? You're going to be the death of me."

"Yeah, it wouldn't be the first time." Sasuke patted his arm and snapped his fingers. "Get talkin' 'tachi. Time's wasting. Child's bleeding."

Itachi looked at him with dawning dread. Itachi felt his head pound again. Sasuke looked dead serious. He really was the worst brother.