Chapter 2

I was restocking the shelves when max came over to me , I was avoiding him all day so not to have to tell him about the party that Calum had invited us to.

"You haven't even said hi today." He says.
"Hi." I answer.
"What's on your mind bestie?" Questions max.

"I have something to tell you." I state ominously." I wasn't busy yesterday, I went to meet Calum yesterday." I add.
"You what." Max practically screams in the middle of a packed target.

"Yeah and I agreed to go to a party tomorrow, your invited to." I say adding the last bit to make it sound better.
"Are you mad , you promised me years ago you wouldn't go back there." Max shouts.

"It's not me going back, it's just a party I miss the others don't you, you loved partying with Micheal and crystal." I say.

"I guess but that man meant so much to you , it would be so easy for you to go back to him." Max argues more.
"Not exactly after what he did." I say frustrated with Max's irrationality.

I start to walk away from this public dispute that had gotten rather embarrassing it felt like a thousand eyes where burning holes in the back of my head.
"That's no excuse you stayed with him for 11 months after that." Max shouts.

I just walk faster to the staff room I get a drink of water , I watch the cameras until I see that max had left the place I had been working before.

I go back working hoping that I could avoid max for the rest of my shift. I would try to resolve the argument tonight over the phone, I don't want Max seeing how broken I am about what just happened.

I can't ignore the so called popular girls huddled up laughing and pointing at me.

These girls hadn't grown up from high school and where still looking for popularity and jocks.

***********^********************************************************************

I get home light a cigarette and dial Max's number.
To my surprise he picks up.

"Max I want to fix this, I'm sorry I agreed to meet him . Something just told me I needed to." I plea to my best friend.
"I don't want to hear it." Max says dismissively, before hanging up.
"Uhhhhh" I scream aloud.

Jupiter: You're more than welcome to come with me tomorrow to see crystal and Micheal.

Max: No there is no way I am going back there, and you shouldn't go either.

As I read the message from Max my eyes start to water with tears, why is he so adamant that we are not to go back to our old friends just because of one guy who did a stupid thing. I hoped that Max and I would patch things up but I wasn't going to stop myself from having a good time.

I put out my cigarette , brush my teeth and go to sleep not being bothered to change out of my target uniform. Although I had , had a terrible day fighting with my only friend I found it easy to fall asleep.

*

The next day I shower, I get dressed in a short white silky dress. I decide on minimal makeup. I brush my knee length hair before picking up my purse and leaving my apartment.

Excitement and anxiety filled up inside me as I drove to the club.

I was going to be seeing the others , but there was a risk of going back somewhere I swore I would never go again. But I wanted to, I wanted the familiarity, I wanted him.

I enter the club and meet eyes with the blonde curly haired man with blue eyes.

"Jupiter." He shouts running over to me and giving me a hug almost knocking me on my ass.
"Hey Luke ." I say.
"Cal didn't tell us you where coming." Luke tells me.

"Nothing unusual there then." I remark.
Everyone went quiet.
"Well it's lovely to see you." Says Ash.
"It's great to see you guys too." I say.

Everyone makes their way to the bar , I get a cider and chat to the guys.
"Where's Max?" Questions Micheal.
'Ugh don't ask.' I think to myself.

"We had an argument, he'll get over it." I explain.
No one asks anymore questions.

Later in the night I find myself alone wondering to the dance floor.

A slower song comes on , I sigh at my loss of chance to party.
Suddenly a pair of hands grasp my hips. I look into his deep brown eyes, Calum smiles down at me. I can't help but smile to , we sway in time of the music.

By the end of the song I am completely melted into his chest.
"Let's get out of here J" Calum suggests.

Hearing the nickname sent me into overdrive I can't remember the last time I had heard it because no one else ever called me J.
I nod my head yes and he takes my hand.

We walk out of the club and to his black Corsa.
As he drives I take in the view of the familiar roads.