Chapter 4

Calum and I  had turned into somewhat fuck buddies. It was me who could not commit to a real relationship, I was scared that the man  I loved would break me again.

Calum had invited Max and I to another party . Max graciously accepted this time.

Max and I decided to match I wore a short blue sequin dress and max wore a blue sequin suit.

"Lets go bestie." He says once we were ready.

I grab my keys from the side and we make our way to the car.

We where  hyped to be going out instead of working this weekend.

We sing along whilst the wind goes through our hair.

Happiness warmed my heart I was so grateful for Max .

We get to the party venue and tell the bouncers our name, they tick us off the list and let us in.

I go to find Cal.

The three of us chat at the bar, Calum's sense of humour makes me laugh, he always did know how to make me laugh.

Out of the corner of my eye I see Ashton coming over to me, well trying to at least. Mike and Luke where doing their best to hold him back.

"What on earth is going on over there?" I ask the others.

"I have no idea." Calum responds with a confused tone.

Curiosity got the better of me , I walked over to the struggle.

"What's the issue?"I question.

"Jupiter would you mind going back to the bar for a sec please." Luke says nicely.

"Shut up Barbie." Scolds Ashton.

Barbie was Luke's nickname that was affectionately used, it referred to his blonde hair, but Ashton used it as an insult in a drunken rage.

"Please I need to talk to you." Ashton directed his words to me.

I contemplate his words for a few minutes.

"Let him speak." I say to Luke and Micheal.

Luke and Micheal reluctantly let go of Ashton. He takes a deep breathe.

"Jupiter I'm sorry." Ash says solemnly.

"What for Ash." I say concerned that I had missed something.

"I'm the reason yours and Calum's relationship broke down." Ash says.

His words sounded foreign.

"What are you talking about Calum was the one that messed up , it had nothing to do with you." I try to reason with the drunk man.

"It had everything to do with me,I was the one that was all over felicity. Calum took the fall for me because I was public with my girlfriend and he didn't want my image ruined, I told him not to but he still went and did it." Ashton rambled.

I stood still in my place trying to soak in what I had just heard. My ex boyfriend had pretended to have an affair with a fan to protect his friend from looking bad but in turn destroyed our private relationship. I needed some air I walk past the bar seeing Calum shake his head.

I light a cigarette tears stream down my face . What I had gotten from the conversation was that there was no reason for me and Calum to break up.

"See why we where trying to keep him back." Micheal says.

"Yeah I guess , didn't need to hear that tonight." I reply.

"Well the truth was gonna come out some day." Micheal says.

Micheal comes over and gives me a very much needed hug.

"We where all pissed at Calum for letting you go, we've missed you." Mike tells me.

"Well he'd do anything for you guys you're his brothers." I say.

Micheal went back to the party ,leaving me alone again.

Jupiter: I'm going home

After texting max I decide that I'd only had one drink so I was ok to drive home.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Calum's POV

'Shit way to go Ash.' I thought to myself.

I needed her to think I was the asshole, it was easier that way.
Jupiter was just starting to trust me again.
She hadn't come back in from when she had stormed off.

"I'm going to find her." I tell Max.
"She's gone home." Max informs me.
"Right." I reply grabbing my coat.
"No Calum that's not what she needs right now." Max says sternly.

I nod and back down. Perhaps it wasnt helpful for me to rush in right now. I sit in the corner and drink. I think about my life decisions, how could i have let her go. Reuniting with J i couldnt be happier.

Right then and there i decided i would give her more of my time and put her before the band this time.

.............................................................x.....................................................

The next day i was sat on my window ledge with my legs dangling, drinking my coffee.

"He was going to come look for you." Max told me.
"Thanks for stopping him, i need some space." I replie.
"I think he understands that." Max states.

'Its about damn time.' I think to myself.
I was still trying to wrap my head around why Calum would have destroyed our relashionship with something he didnt even do.

I was nervous for when me and him would have a chat.

There was no chance of a chat as i had work that i couldn't  get out of because of a staff shortage.