𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚞𝚎

A girl stroked her h/c hair, worry lacing her eyes. "Are we sure this is a good idea? Maybe we should just go to Anne's boring party or something." She looked at her friends. "Balloon animals don't sound that bad?" The girl nervously smiled.

A blonde turned to her, annoyance evident in her tone. "Don't be a stick in the mud, Y/N. Now go get that box." A dark haired girl elbowed the blonde, and she laughed.

"Don't listen to Sasha, you've got this Y/N," she laughed, giving the girl a light push towards the door.

"Thanks Mars," the h/c haired girl murmured.

The girl sighed and stepped inside the thrift shop, biting her lip in worry as she stared at the clerk. I doubt they're paying attention, she thought as she lightly stepped around the shop, pretending to look at things that she didn't care about.

She glanced around her, searching for cameras. She stopped, and her gaze soon turned to the shelf in front of her, and the small music box sitting on top of it. The blue, pink, green, and violet gems on it sparkled. She turned around, making sure nobody was watching.

She glanced towards the window. Her friends were cheering her on from outside the window. She smiled at them, and gave a small wave, the sleeve of her jacket falling toward her elbow a bit. She quickly pulled it back up before her friends noticed.

Sasha suddenly looked startled, and yelled something at Anne, who quickly darted inside the shop. The shopkeeper... woke up? They were asleep? Wow, talk about a bad employee. The girl's sparkling eyes were now on the brown hair girl as she struck up a conversation with the shopkeeper. She's so easygoing. Wish I were more like Anne.

Not the time y/n! Get the box and go you dingus! Shaking her head, she stood on her tippy toes to reach the box, staring at it in awe. The violet gem caught her attention, sparkling like an amethyst. Focus! Resist the shiny thing!

The h/c haired girl quietly shoved the box into her bag, zipping it up and quietly walking towards the door, silently turning the handle to close the entrance to the shop.

She turned to see Anne following her out. "That was pretty easy." The h/c haired girl nervously laughed, guiltily shoving her hands in the pockets of her jacket and slinging her bookbag over her shoulder, following her friends to the park.

"Open it, open it!" Marcy chanted, excitement in her voice.

"Anne hurry up, don't wanna keep you from your party or anything."

Y/N was pretty sure Sasha didn't care if Anne made it to her party or not, regardless she said nothing and stared blankly ahead, her long h/c hair draped over her shoulders as she bended down to look at the box. The intricate designs and strange gemstones made her think it was worth tons. No wonder they told me to steal it.

The girl stood behind Anne, staring at the box. Anne hesitantly opened it, and a blinding ray of light came out of the box, sucking all 4 girls in. The final thing she saw before she blacked out were the stars beginning to show in an unfamiliar forest.

---

i hope you liked this! i was mostly inspired by another reader insert to make this, hopefully it's good so far! feel free to give me feedback and suggestions for how to improve <3