𝙳𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚂𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚘𝚗

Sprig, Y/N, and Anne vaulted over a log. 

"Why do we always hang out in the woods?" Anne complained. "You have a perfectly good living room."

"Because there's so much to learn in the woods," Y/N exclaimed, yanking a jar out of her bag and sticking a leaf in it. "This world is nothing like ours, aside from the atmosphere, so I want to learn everything about it!"

"Where's the fun in that?" Sprig smiled. "Like Y/N said, this place is full of nature. Woo-hoo!"

Anne shuddered. "Yeah, exactly."

As they walked along a path, the bushes suddenly rustled. Y/N flinched and bumped into Anne. "Oops, my bad."

"Stack back," Sprig said. "It could be a blood sucking predator." He pulled out a sharp stick.

"You guys are really not selling me on this place," Anne said. 

Sprig parted the bushes to reveal a gourd, with hair as sticks. "Oh no. It's an-"

"AMBUSH!" 

A yellow frog leaped out of a tree and toppled over Sprig. 

Y/N shook her head. "Ivy?"

"Oh, hi Y/N!" Ivy beamed. 

"I'm hit!" Sprig yelled. "Sprig down, Sprig down!"

Ivy grinned at the pink frog. 

"Oh, hey Ivy, nice ambush," Sprig said, dusting himself off. "Gourd in a wig? Classic."

"Can't take all the credit," Ivy smirked. "You're really easy to trick."

"Well, guilty as charged," Sprig laughed. 

Anne repeatedly cleared her throat, earning an elbow from Y/N. 

"Oh Ivy, meet Y/N and Anne. Oddities from another world," Sprig said, gesturing to the two teens. "Anne and Y/N, meet Ivy. Childhood acquaintance, and occasional sparring partner."

Sprig threw a few punches, and Ivy leaped up and kicked him in the face.

"I already know Y/N," Ivy smiled. "She helps my mom sometimes."

"Hi Ivy," Y/N said. "Good to see you."

"You too."

"Hey Ivy," Anne waved.

"Hey, I've seen you around," Ivy said, extending her hand. "Nice to officially meet. Do you like being randomly attacked?"

"Not at all," Anne smiled. 

"Well, too bad," Ivy shrugged, walking towards the bushes. "See you later Sprig. But you won't see me!"

Sprig laughed, adoration in his eyes. Anne smirked. 

"No, Anne, don't even-" Y/N began.

"Well, well, well," Anne teased. "She's kinda cute, huh?" Anne raised her eyebrows. 

"Please do not," Y/N groaned. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Sprig said, turning to follow the path. 

"Well, well, well, well, well, well, well."

"You're being weird Anne."

---

Y/N kicked open the door. "We're home!"

"What have you three been doing," Hop Pop said as he rushed down the stairs. "I've been looking for you all morning."

"Y/N felt like a morning collection and she dragged us along," Sprig deadpanned. 

"I found a pretty leaf," Y/N beamed.