𝙵𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍, 𝚂𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚝, & 𝚃𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜

TW: This episode has implied abuse in it at the end.

"You ready?" Sprig eagerly asked Anne, who was holding a tennis racket. in the distance, Y/N was throwing a boomerang back and forth, attempting to catch it each time.

"You set 'em up, and I'll knock 'em down," Anne said, holding up her tennis racket.

Sprig shoved himself down a hole, and Anne looked around.

"Coming atcha," he said, throwing up a flying beetle, which rushed towards Anne at full speed.

Anne stood in a defensive position, and swung the racket at the beetle. "Backhand!" She flung the beetle away from the field, making Y/N clap. And miss the boomerang, which hit her in the face.

"Ow!"

"Nice swing," Sprig said, peeking up from underground.

"I was on varsity," Anne bragged, leaning on her Tennis racket.

"I have no idea what that means!" Sprig smiled, standing up to look at Anne.

Then the two did a handshake, and laughed.

Then an accordion began playing, and a teal frog walked out. "A frog child and a monster from the woods getting along?" Wally said, playing his accordion. "So unnatural."

Anne held in her laughter. "Of course we get along. We're Sprig and Anne!"

"Anne and Sprig!" Sprig chimed in.

"Spranne against the world!" They both chanted.

"Disgusting," Wally said before walking off.

Y/N threw her boomerang again. "You guys are so stupid," she called to the duo, jumping to catch the boomerang. "The point of secret handshakes is to make them impossible to copy."

"You're stupid!" Sprig yelled, pointing towards her.

Y/N fell to the floor, pretending to be offended. "Oh no, my feelings! I'll never recover," she said, before sticking her tongue out and placing her hand on her head.

Their playing was interrupted by a loud scream coming from the house.

"Was that Hop Pop?" Anne asked, clenching her fists together.

"Sounds like he's in trouble," Sprig said, tossing his hands up and dashing towards the door. "We're coming Hop Pop!"

They dashed through the living room and opened the basement door. "Hop Pop! Hop Pop!" Sprig yelled, throwing himself down the stairs.

"Woah! What happened in here?" Anne questioned, her eyes scanning the room. Y/N peered in, her eyes scanning the room.

The room was flooded, water covering up the steps.

"Hop Pop?" Sprig searched the water as he waded his hand through the water.

"Blaugh!" Hop Pop coughed as he emerged from the water, making Sprig jump back. "Stay back! Darned burrow bugs must have chewed the water pipes," he complained, putting his hands on his hips.

"My room!" Anne stared in shock.

"My stuff!" Y/N cried, she tried to dash into the water when Hop Pop stopped her.

"Don't worry y'all, I saved your stuff."

"Oh thank goodness," Y/N said as she desperately rummaged through her bag. "I'm so glad I invested in a waterproof binder for school," she sighed, pulling out a black zip-up binder and opened it, each page completely dry.

"Except your bed. And your blankets," Hop Pop said as he scanned the floating mattress and blanket. "And your pillows, pencils, t-shirts, hairbrush."

"Just- how long 'till it's fixed?" Anne said, snatching her bag and throwing her hand towards the water.