𝙷𝚘𝚙 𝙻𝚞𝚌𝚔

A frog flew above a forest, being pulled by dragonflies. "Ah! Help, somebody help me!"

"And this bad boy is my kitty, Domino," Anne proudly said, holding up her phone so the two amphibians could see. "You guys would like her. She's got fire."

Sprig took the phone from Anne and moved it closer to Polly. "Aw, she's so tiny," Polly cooed. "I feel HUGE!"

Y/N stood up, grabbing her crutch from off the wall. "If you ask me, that cat was sent from Lucifer himself," she said, hopping towards the other three frogs. "She hates me with a passion."

"How do you like your new cast?" Anne asked, turning to Y/N. Her white cast was clean, and had Anne, Sprig, and Polly's signature's on it. A few flowers and butterflies were also doodled on it.

Yesterday, Hop Pop had taken Y/N to the Wartwood Clinic to get a cast and crutch. The teen had protested, but seemed to secretly like it.

"I don't like it," Y/N started. "But it's bearable. I could have done just fine without being babied," she complained. "And I got a lollipop, so I guess it was worth it," she proudly exclaimed, holding up a purple lollipop.

Sprig examined the phone. "I will... set her free!" Sprig tried to slam a hammer on the phone but Anne yanked it away just in time.

"Please stop doing that," Anne said before shuddering. "Ugh! What is that?"

"Did something crawl under the house and die?" Y/N shrieked, plugging her nose with her free arm.

Sprig sniffed the air before scrunching up his face. "Worse, Y/N. Much worse," he whispered.

"Hop Pop is cooking!"

The four walked, or in Y/N's case, hobbled, towards the house.

"Brace yourself," Sprig said, holding the door.

"Brace myself for what?" Anne said, before a pungent smell blasted through the door, blowing all four to the ground and Sprig several meters away.

"A little help-" Y/N muttered, extending her hand for Anne to grab.

---

Hop Pop cut up some grubs and placed them in a pot, tasting his recipe.

"What's the plan this year, Hop Pop?" Sprig asked, popping up from under the counter. "Poison the competition?" he joked as the older frog bopped him in the head with a spoon.

"The plan is to win," Hop Pop began.

"Win what?" Y/N said as she walked over, leaning on Anne for support. "Also I need a new crutch."

"The annual village potluck," Hop Pop explained. "Every year we frogs gather for a great contest," he said, gesturing towards a portrait of frogs, proud of their culinary achievement. "The family who brings the best tasting dish is showered with love and copper coins." they continued to look at the line of winning frogs. "The family with the worst tasting dish spends the night in the shame chamber."

"Oh, so like the basement corner but worse," Y/N shrugged and lifted herself onto the counter. "That can't be too awful."

"And guess who ends up there every year," Sprig sighed.

"Oh," Y/N mumbled. "Well that is quite unfortunate."

Anne hit her hand on the table. "If you think I'm gonna let my favorite froggy family end up in a cage, you've got another thing coming," she declared, placing her foot on the table.

"Yeah!" Y/N agreed, smiling from her position on the counter. "We'll help you guys out this year, no way you'll end up back in that musty cage!"

"I know we're not technically Planters," Anne began, walking over to Y/N, "But maybe we can help."