𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚘𝚞𝚝

"Look," Y/N glared at Hop Pop. "All I'm saying is where I'm from you could get arrested for having a couch this firm." 

"Back in my day we didn't have furniture," Hop Pop said. "We sat on rocks. Sharp ones."

"Okay, but if I get butt blisters, I'm blaming you."

"Back in my day, we called those 'character,'" Hop Pop said, forcing his knee over his leg. Y/N winced at the loud cracking sound. 

---

Y/N held a box at eye level, carefully walking down the steps before tripping on a rock and tumbling to the ground, turnips flying everywhere. 

"Back in my day, kids spent less time complaining and more time watching their step," Hop Pop lectured, picking up turnips. 

Y/N rubbed her freshly healed ankle. "Well where I'm from, people fixed their shitty houses!" 

"This house is like family!" Hop Pop gasped. "You apologize!" 

"TO A HOUSE? HAVE YOU GONE BATSHIT?"

---

A loud crash was heard from upstairs. "WHERE I'M FROM, WE DIDN'T RUSH PEOPLE IN THE BATHROOM," Y/N shouted. 

Another thud was heard. "Well back in my day, we didn't have a bathroom," Hop Pop shot back. 

Another crash was heard, knocking tiling onto Sprig, Anne and Polly. 

"STOP HITTING THE DOOR WITH THE BATTERING RAM!" 

"IT'S BEEN TWO HOURS!" 

"THATS WHAT SHE SAID!" 

More bickering was heard before a slam was heard. They all looked up to see Y/N stomping down the stairs, her wet hair clinging to her back. She was half dressed, and her skin looked dry and dull. When they all stared, she glared at them. "Tell the old man upstairs not to rush me next time. Anyway, can I plug in my hair dryer somewhere?" 

"Y/N, there are no outlets," Anne pointed out. 

"FUCKING DAMMIT." Y/N threw the hair dryer into the wall and it shattered. "I can fix that." 

As she stomped down the basement, Sprig grabbed his hat and pulled. "I can't take this anymore!" 

"They're just getting used to eachother," Polly said. "Go Fish." 

"Darn," Anne sighed, picking up a card from the pile. "Anyway Sprig, Polly's right. It's not a big deal." 

"Not a big deal?" Sprig said. "Do you remember the Hendersons next door? They used to argue all the time, and look what happened to them!" 

Wally was seen raiding a destroyed house for plates. 

"You've got a point," Anne said, gesturing to the broken hair dryer on the floor. "Y/N does not deal with her anger in healthy ways." 

A faint "I heard that" sounded from downstairs. 

"If we don't do something now, it won't be long before their bickering tears this family apart!" Sprig exclaimed. 

"I still think we should just give them time," Polly said. "Not like we have a lot of options, you can't force people to get along."

Sprig took his book from the couch and deadpanned. "Of course not Polly. Of course not." 

"HA! I WIN!" Anne cheered. 

"DANG IT!" 

Sprig peeped from the corner. "Of course n-"