𝙱𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝙵𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚍𝚜

"AAAAAAAAAAAARGH!" Anne screamed, quickly sitting up. Sweat was dripping down her face.

"Guys, guys, guys- I just had the craziest dream I was trapped in a world of frog pe..." she was abruptly cut off when she saw three "frog people" and one girl standing infront of her. "Oh Right."

"I had a similar reaction," Y/N said, glancing down. "Sorry again."

"It's fine," Sprig smiled. "It didn't hurt that bad. Hey Anne! Sleep good?"

"Careful boy," Hop Pop warned, batting Sprig away with his hand. "It could be hungry."

"For your guts!" Polly yelled, leaping out of her bucket, with a rolling pin in hand.

"Dude, relax," Anne said. "I am not gonna eat something that clearly doesn't bathe."

Hop Pop ate a fly that was buzzing around him. "Fair point."

"See! Told you it was harmless," Sprig confidently smirked.

"Hmph. For now," Hop Pop rolled his eyes, walking back up the stairs.

Polly jumped out of his grasp, getting the stairs wet as she bounced down. "Just give me an excuse to use old Doris here," she threatened, hitting the rolling pin on her arm. She bounced back up the stairs.

"I think the little one wants to kill us," Anne shivered.

"Yup," Sprig agreed. "So, you guys must be so excited to be trapped in another world! Very jealous." As he leaned back, he fell over onto Anne's sleeping bag.

Anne laughed. "It's not all that. I miss my home, and my stuff, and especially," she reached over, grabbing a picture of her, Y/N, and two other girls. "My friends."

"Eh, didn't really have a whole lot going on for me in the human world," Y/N glanced at Anne. "Maybe this is a chance to start fresh."

"Without them, I just feel kind of lost, you know?"Anne continued, hugging her knees and turning her head away.

Sprig thought of an idea. "Well then, why don't I be your friend in the meantime?"

"You?" Y/N questioned, hitting a volleyball back and forth in the air.

"Me!" Sprig exclaimed, pointing to himself.

"You," Anne pointed towards Sprig, contempt in her gaze.

"Come on, it'll be fun," Sprig started. "What did you do together?"

"Everything," Y/N answered catching the volleyball in her hands and hitting it back up. "Marathon, dumb TV shows, drink boba till we vomited, hung out at the beach-"

"Oh, we've got a lake!" Sprig snapped his fingers. "Would going there with me make you guys feel less homesick?"

Anne and Y/N glanced at the pictures of their friends, "Hmm-ing" to themselves.

Sprig was hyping himself up. "Yeah, yeah yeah!" They glanced at the picture again. Sprig was posing. "It's gonna be great," he put on an accent for the last few words, making Anne and Y/N giggle.

Y/N caught her volleyball. "I don't see why not."

"I like your moxie, frog child," Anne smiled. "Lets do it!"

The girls changed and emerged from the basement. Y/N was still wearing her jacket, and still had her volleyball in hand. Under that, she had a striped blue and white swimsuit and purple shorts that she wore for volleyball. She had two crescent moon earrings in and was wearing two hair ties on her wrist.

"You guys ready to go?" Sprig asked, lowering his goggles onto his face.

"Yeah-yeah!" Anne yelled, pumping her fists in the air. Y/N said nothing, just gave a thumbs up as she tapped the volleyball in the air.