𝚂𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚐 𝚅𝚂 𝙷𝚘𝚙 𝙿𝚘𝚙

Anne, Polly, Sprig and Y/N crawled along the ground, pulling weeds out of a field, when Y/N sat up, sweating. Then she stared at the Cowapillars, chewing hay. She stared at her flithy hands, then at the pile of weeds next to her, then at the Cowapillars again. 

"Hop Pop, great idea," Y/N said, jogging up to the old frog. "What if we trained the cowapillars to eat those weeds?"

"Yeah! Then we wouldn't have t-" Sprig chimed.

"Put in in the suggestion box," Hop Pop flatly said. 

Y/N groaned, but walked over to the dusty barrel. She passed a pen and paper to the enthusiastic Sprig, and he began writing. 

"Suggestion 89," Sprig began. 

"You think he actually reads these?" Anne said. 

"Doubt it," Polly replied. "I suggested a swimming pool months ago and that never happened."

"Oh come on guys," Sprig said. "Have a little more faith in Hop Pop." He slipped his hand and the piece of paper into a slot, accidentally trapping his hand as well. "Oop- hands stuck." 

He pushed himself off, taking the barrel off with him. In front of them now stood a fire pit. 

"A fire pit?" Polly exclaimed. "That's the opposite of a swimming pool!"

"Why Hop Pop!" Sprig shouted. "Why?"

"Because your suggestions were ridiculous," Hop Pop said. "You can't just dig swimming pools anywhere, it attracts pests. Running a farm ain't easy, kids."

"Nobody said it was!" Y/N shouted. "But maybe some of our suggestions could make it easier!"

"Maybe," Sprig began. "But if I were in charge, I'd listen to other people's suggestions, not burn them."

The fire pit flamed up in response. 

"You? Run the farm?" Hop Pop walked towards Sprig. "Hah! Run it into the ground, maybe."

Hop Pop croaked, and Sprig croaked in response, pushing him back a bit.

"Oh? Is that an official challenge?" Polly gasped.

"What if you both worked together?" Y/N began, stepping between them. "Some of our suggestions might make sense if you would read them."

Sprig glared, and ran towards a flagpole, ringing a bell. 

"Has he gone mad?" Y/N gawked. 

"Sprig Plantar, you have rung the Plantar Family Challenge Bell," Polly declared. "What is your challenge?"

"What's going on?" Y/N whispered. Anne shrugged in response. 

"I want to replace Hop Pop and run the farm my way," Sprig said. 

"Hop Pop?" Polly motioned. 

"I do formally accept this challenge," Hop Pop said. 

"I'm sure this will make sense in a moment," Anne whispered to Y/N.

---

"Nevermind," Anne said. 

"My god, why are you ninety percent naked?" Y/N shrieked. 

"What the heck's going on?" Anne yelled. 

Y/N shifted a little closer to Anne. "This freaks me out."

"The Plantar family challenge," Hop Pop said, rubbing mud on his face. 

"Is that mud like, good for my skin or something," Y/N said.