𝙲𝚊𝚗𝚎 𝙲𝚛𝚊𝚣𝚢

"Wow, Anne, look at all your cool stuff!" Sprig gushed, playing with several of Anne's items. "What's this?" He asked, holding up a toenail clipper. "Ah, I get it. Torture device."

"That's a toenail clipper," Anne said, pointing her finger towards it.

"Oh ok, ok, sure," Sprig replied, crossing his arms. He then picked up an air pump. "Oh! how about this? What does this do?" He placed the tube in his mouth and began to rapidly pump it. "It's painful!" he exclaimed before letting go, flying around the room like a deflating balloon.

"Oh and this," he raved, clicking a pen. "Oh I love this," he said, continuing to click the pen. "This is amazing."

"You know what, you can keep it," Anne stated, pointing her finger towards the pink frog, who was very intrigued.

A bell clanged from upstairs. "Kids, chow time!" Hop Pop called.

The two rushed upstairs and took their places at the table, Polly already there.

"Say kids, do you happen to know where Y/N is? I haven't seen her all morning," Hop Pop asked, stirring the stew.

"Nope, haven't seen her since I went to bed last night," Anne responded, picking up her fork.

"I just thought she was helping you or something," Sprig added, mirroring Anne's action.

"I dunno," Polly replied, adjusting her bow.

"Time to eat! Time to eat!" They chanted as Hop Pop continued stirring.

"Hold on, you kids," Hop Pop patiently spoke, preparing the meal.

As Anne received her stew, she couldn't help but make a face of disgust. It was the same green as the basement moss, with all sorts of insect limbs protruding out of it. A live spider even crawled out of it. "Uhh... you know what? I think I'm gonna pass," Anne gulped, sliding the stew back to Hop Pop.

"Why?" Hop Pop began. "Is my food not good enough for the princess?"

"Well if I'm the princess, then your the king of bad cooking," Anne smirked, placing an arm on top of her chair.

Sprig dropped his spoon. "OH OH OHH!" he and Polly hyped.

"Oh yeah? Well you... I..." Hop Pop stuttered, glancing from side to side.

"What's the matter Hop Pop?" Anne chimed. "Frog in your throat?"

Polly and Sprig cheered from the sidelines. "Ooh she got you again!"

"Oh, dang it!" Hop Pop yelled, throwing the spoon on the table. "You know what? I'm gonna take a nap." And with that, he stormed off, leaving the three kids to giggle. "I don't believe this," he muttered. "I feed you, I house you, and this is how you repay me? If you don't shape up soon, Anne, I'm throwin' you and Y/N out!"

As he slammed the door, all three were left in silence before Anne broke it. "Yeesh, whats his problem," she complained. "I'm Hop Pop, and I cook bad and have a temper problem," Anne mocked, grabbing her hair to make it look like Hop Pop's.

"Haha, that's so Hop Pop!" Sprig laughed.

Anne picked up a cane and bent over, pretending to tremble. "Eat your aphids, don't play with them," she continued, eyes shining with mischief. "ELBOWS OFF THE TABLE!"

Sprig and Polly's laughter only fueled her. "Sometimes I wonder why I even bother putting up with you at all!" Anne slammed the cane onto the table, snapping it in half.

Polly and Sprig gasped in horror.

"Oopsies. Guess I don't know my own strength, right guys?" Anne joked, nervously smiling.