𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚛'𝚜 𝚕𝚊𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚗𝚍

Sprig sighed. "Ah, the Wartwood farmer's market."

"A home of crushed dreams," Y/N wistfully sighed. 

"I was going to say, where salt of the earth frogs come to sell stuff and fill up on free samples," Sprig finished, popping a jar of grape jelly into his mouth.

"That wasn't free," A giant frog said. Sprig spat the jelly back into the jar, and Y/N cringed.

"Now it's like nothing happened!" 

The frog angrily put a mace on the table and Sprig gulped, and Y/N grabbed him as they fished around their pockets. "Yep, we can pay for that," they nervously chuckled.

Mrs. Croaker hummed as she walked up to the stand.

"Good morning Mrs. Croaker," Polly and Anne chorused.

The elderly frog looked at the squash. "I think I'll take this here gangly gourd, Hopediah."

"Oh, I sense a batch of Croaker Stew coming on," Hop Pop smiled before squinting at the gourd. "Hang on there Sadie, you don't want that one." 

Hop Pop walked over and knocked on the gourd before rubbing it against his ear before prying it open. "Aha! It's a gourd maggot. These guys taste terrible." 

Y/N and Sprig had made their way back over by now.

Y/N stared at the maggot that was now crawing up a small barrel. "This place is disgusting."

The maggot crawled over to Anne, and began crawling all over her, making her drop the magazine. "AAA! ITS IN MY HAIR, ITS IN MY HAIR!" She stumbled, and Y/N burst out laughing, then shrieked as the bug landed on her nose.

"Here, take this one instead," Hop Pop handed Mrs. Croaker a new gourd. "It's maggot free."

"Classic Plantar honesty," Mrs. Croaker complimented. "I've been buying from this stand since your father was running it. And y'all have never steered me wrong." 

As Mrs. Croaker walked away, Anne walked towards Hop Pop. 

"Very impressive, Hop Pop," Anne complimented.

"That, is the Plantar difference, Anne," Hop Pop replied. "You can't taste honesty, but if you could-"

"It'd taste like a Plantar stand vegetable," Sprig and Polly chorused with him, rolling their eyes.

"This stand is the heart and soul of our family," Hop Pop proudly said. "I don't know what I'd do if we ever lost it." 

"Bad news, everyone," Toadie yelled, passing papers around. "Bad news! Gotta run away before you read it." And he scampered off. 

"That Toadie," Hop Pop grumbled as he placed his glasses on his face. "SAY WHAT?!"

"What's up?" Y/N quizzically said, glancing up from where she was holding a sign. 

"Mayor Toadstool is quadrupling the rent!" Hop Pop wailed. "And he wants it in 3 days?"

"That has got to be illegal," Y/N muttered, reading the deed. "Oh it's perfectly legal."

Burst of rage came from the frogs around them. 

"At this rate, we'll lose the stand," Hop Pop exclaimed as he paced. "What are we gonna do?"

"I make like a eighth of that in a month," Y/N gawked. "I can pitch in but it won't be enough."

Anne mumbled something before snapping her fingers. "I've got it! Snugaroos! Blankets you wear over your clothes!"

"What the-?" Hop Pop removed his head from the veggies. "Anne, we're a vegetable stand!"

"She means capitalism," Y/N waved her hand, not looking up from her book.