Chapter 4

It has been a couple of hours since I left the headmaster's office. And I felt so release. I was holding all those stuffs for me, it was horrible. Now, I have someone to talk with. He swore me I could come talk to him whenever I wanted or needed. Suddenly, someone cut my thought (for once happy) and when I looked up, I saw Haïden sitting down next to me. He smiled and stared at me, so did I. I looked behind him, seeing his friends (Hope, Lizzie, Josie and the other guy, I call them the group) glaring at me.

-They sent you, right?

He looked surprise I talked but kept his smile and answered:

-No, actually they're glaring at us because I wanted to come talk with you.

-Why? I asked a little surprise by his kindness.

-Because you're always alone, since the start of the year. Don't you have friends?

His phrase made me remember our last conversation. I sighed and answered carefully.

-No, I like to be alone.

-I don't believe you!

-Why? I laughed even if I didn't want to.

-Because I think that when you lie, you bite your lip.

I froze, stopping my teeth who were biting my lip. I smiled and returned my attention on my book. He asked:

-What is that book? It's huge!

-I know... It's kind of a secret. It was my mother's.

-You have a lot of secret, don't you?

-Yeah, like, there is no words to describe my life!

He laughed what made me smile.

-What are you? I asked kindly.

-Werewolf, you're a witch?

-Yeah...

Then, I began to read again because I knew he would ask questions. He smiled when he understood what I was doing. I frowned my eyebrows. How can he knows me that easily? I turned my attention back to him and saw he was staring at me.

-I don't like seeing you like that, he murmured.

-Like what?

-Sad like this.

My eyes went wide for a second.

-It's a habit to be sad for me so... don't worry too much! I said closing my book and jumping on my feet.

I didn't let him to the time to answer and almost ran out of the room. Alright, this was close. I don't know why he wants to know me but I don't like that... Maybe I should talk to Saltzman? Thanks Haïden, you lost me!

I decided after a couple of hours, to go and talk to the headmaster. I knocked and entered without waiting an answer. A big mistake. There, was sit Josie and Lizzie who stared at me like I was an alien. Did he say anything?

-Did your mother never learn you to wait before entering in a room? Lizzie yelled standing up.

I felt tears and anger coming. I hold everything back and was going to say something coldly when Saltzman said:

-Lizzie, don't talk like that, Rose, you have to wait before entering in a room, principally my office, understand?

-Yeah, I don't know why I did that, sorry...

I looked down, cursing myself. Why the hell did I do that? He will never let me speak to him after that... But he answered:

-It's okay, the next time be careful. Girls, can you please let us?

-What but..., began Lizzie but she stopped when she saw the look of Saltzman.

The both got out and I sat in a chair. I didn't waste time and said:

-I have a problem...

-What kind of problem?

-Well... there is this boy, Haïden. He tried to talk with me... twice. And I'm freaking out because I can't have friends even if I would love to let him enter in my life!

-Why can't you have friends?

-Is that a serious question? -he looked at me with a confuse look- Well apparently it is seeing your look on your face. I'm too dangerous for people! I destroy everyone I approach and I don't want him or the others to get hurt.

-Maybe you should trust you a little more Rose. You're not the monster you think you are. I'm sure your parents would love to know you're having your best life and don't be scared of everything. Try and you'll see if it works or not.

-I'll try Saltzman, thanks...

I then stood up and decided to try. Why can't I be happy? I'm the only one who stop me from having the life I want. SO now, I'll go see people and talk to them. Maybe it will help me out and I'll not feel that pain... that solitude. That disaster.

Authors'note: Okay... bad new. I realized that all  my chapters were really, likereally short. So I'm sorry for that. Hope you still enjoy!