Chapter 2

I hugged Caroline and murmured ''thanks''. I stormed out of the room and saw Hope with a boy I think is her boyfriend. She turned her gaze to me and I smiled. She didn't answer and we looked into each others' eyes during a moment. I heard Josie coming behind me so I continued my way to my room.

  I've been here for a month and I tried not to talk to anybody. I don't want them to get hurt. Hope and her friends tried to, you know, talk to me but... I always found a way to escape. Josie is very kind but I can't have any friends. Remember, I'm an danger? I weaken everyone.

  Anyway, I'm fine. Rebekah sent me a letter a week ago, telling me about what she was doing. I'm happy she's okay with her husband, Marcel. I have only one problem at school... Caroline is gone and there is this boy. I don't know his name but, he's friend with Hope and... he always looks at me with êtes I can't really understand. I would love to know what is happening in his head but I can't do anything about it. It's be too dangerous.

  Even if she doesn't know it, I take care of Hope and try to make her life happier. I know what she's being trough. I lived that too.

  I was sit on a bench, looking at the trees, when I felt someone sit next to me. I looked up and saw the boy. We stayed silent during like seemed to be forever. I finally looked at him again and saw him smile.

-What are you smiling for?

-Nothing. You're funny.

-I'm glad I'm funny to you.

-What's your problem?

I turned my gaze to the horizon again and said:

-What do you mean?

-You're always alone. We don't know anything about you. Except that you know the headmistress.

-Josie told you isn't?

-Yeah. Why were you crying? Not because of Hope, right?

-No, she doesn't scare me. I was just thinking about my past but... why am I telling you all those stuffs? I added, more to myself.

-Because I asked you? he said with a sarcastic look.

-We're not friends.

-We could be?

-I don't have any friends.

-Why? That's sad... You have to trust others.

-It's not that I don't trust people.

-Then I don't understand, he said back with a weird face.

I looked at him during a minute and then answered, looking in his eyes:

-Because I'm like an illness. I hurt people until they die. Everyone single person I have loved are... gone. I'm a poison that touches everyone who's too close to me. That's why I don't have friends and now, I don't have my family.

I wiped the tear who was running down my cheek and I laughed sarcastically. I never thought I would tell him something like that. Why did I have to tell him? Now, he's gonna go see his friends and tell them. Great.

-I will not tell anyone, he cut my thoughts, I don't know you but I'm sure you're not what you think you are. And by the way, you look to be a freak!ng powerful witch. Never doubt about yourself, alright?

-You're right, I smiled, I'm a powerful witch, too much for you to remember what I just told you.

I looked at me with a misunderstanding look on his face. I smiled and murmured ''thanks'' before putting both of my hands on his temples. He gasped while I closed my eyes when they became purple and began to take his memories back.

  After a minute, I pulled apart and yelled in pain. I looked down at my right arm and saw my veins becoming purple. I stayed quiet during a moment before dropping my sleeves on my arm while the boy blinked. He opened his eyes and looked confused. He then looked at me and smiled. I smiled back and waited when he finally decided to say:

-I'm Haïden. You're Rose right?

I nodded and he just added:

-Ok, uhm, see you later I gotta go.

He jumped on his feet and ran inside. I looked at him until he disappeared.

Author's note: Hey! So? I'm waiting for you comments !