Chapter 5

I waited during a week before I decided to go talk with Haïden. He was with the group but I didn't bother to know if I was annoying them or not. I approached sightly and when he saw me, he smiled. I smiled back and said with a small voice:

-Hi Haïden... I wanted to know if maybe you wanted to hang out?

I looked down, feeling stupid. I heard him laugh. I closed my eyes and cursed myself. But then I looked back at him and saw him standing up. What was he doing there? He approached me and put an arm around my shoulder. I froze a little but didn't say anything. He said:

-I would love to, see you guys later, he added turning around.

He brought me outside until he stop in front of the bench where we talked together the first time. He sat down with a confuse look on his face. Oh no... He can't remember. He looked back at me and saw I was anxious. His eyes darkened when he understood something. He whisper-yelled:

-I don't remember why I was on that bench with you that day, but I know I missed something.

I froze and stayed quiet, looking at the trees.

-Rose! I'm talking to you! What did you do?

I didn't answer, thinking it was a very bad idea to try and have friends.

-Answer me! He growled.

-I erased your memories, I answered back without realizing I did it.

I put my hand on my mouth and was going to erase his memories. So I put my hands on each side of his head but he took a step back. I groaned and stood up.

-Look, I said, I'm sorry but you can't know that!

-Why? Why did you do that?

-Because I talked to you about me... It's too dangerous for you and for me.

-For you?

I stayed quiet and he took my hands in his. I didn't move but looked at him in the eyes. He wanted me to bring his memories back. I sighed and put my hand on his forehead. He tried to take a step back but I began to show him his lost memories. He gasped and after a minute, my hand lost her purple light and I groaned in pain. I looked at my naked arm and saw purple veins. He took my arm in his hands and watched as it became normal again. He looked up at me with wide eyes.

-Okay, first, I remember everything and you're scary and second, what the hell was that? he asked showing my arm.

-I can erase people's memories... but when I do it, it's like a poison. It hurt and my veins become purple, remembering me I'm a fraud. That I can't use all the powers I have... It's like a malediction when I use too much powers or too dangerous powers... But it's fine. Really!

I wiped a tears away and he hugged me. I froze. But then relax a little while he murmured ''I won't tell anyone''. I smiled and hugged him back when suddenly, we heard a noise. We pulled apart and we saw with anxiety, a big black werewolf coming in the school's park. My eyes went wide when he saw us and began to run in our direction. Haïden took my hand in his, ready to run when I saw the group running out of the school. I stopped him while the werewolf was turning around, facing the group. I sighed and groaned. Hope ran to him and yelled a spell. The werewolf flew in the air but, stood up and bit her. She yelled while Lizzie and Josie tried to take his magic away. But he hurt them too. I ran to him even if Haïden tried to keep me away from this. I screamed to the werewolf who was going to bite Josie. He stopped and looked back at me. He began to run to me while everyone in the school were coming out. Saltzman yelled me to run but I didn't move and put my hands in front of me. I threw a spell. He yelled in pain but continued his way to me. Not like I thought, he didn't hurt me but tried to hurt Haïden behind me. I gasped when he hurt my leg but stood back and made a protection around us. He collided the ''wall'' and screamed angrily. I made the protection disappeared and put my hands back in front of me while he was attacking me again. He flew in the air and then, he ran to the crowd of students. He almost bite Saltzman but I screamed anxiously and everything went dark and purple around me. My scream made an echo followed by an explosion. I flew in the air because of the detonation, like the others.