12. Dont leave me.

The group was back on the road, driving back to Mal's house, probably. Mal held into max's hand, while looking down at her feet.

It could be probably any moment for max to leave. And Mal wasn't ready for that.

"Turn here." Max spoke, causing Mal's head to pop up, looking to where they were.

She saw they were close to a graveyard. Why did max want to be at a graveyard? Was billy buried there?

"Here?" Dustin calmly asked the girl, receiving a light nod from max.

Dustin looked back at Steve, before nodding for him to stop at the graveyard.

The car turned into the graveyard, and went through a long road before stopping at a hill.

When the car stopped, max got out. Mal couldn't help but to think back to that note. Why was max not just telling her in person?

Mal quickly got out the backseat, following max up the hill. "Max?" She called out, making max stop and turn around.

"Please just wait in the car, Mal." Max told the girl, but mal didn't give up easily.

"Max- wait, please wait." Mal ran up to the girl, making her stop and turn around again.

"Please just listen to me. Please." She begged, making max stay quiet as she looked up at the girl.

"I know something happened back there with your mother." Mal told the girl, remembering when she came out and how scared she looked.

Max stayed quiet for a minute, just looking around Mal's face.

"Was it vecna?" Mal asked quietly, looking the shorter girl in her eyes.

Max put on a fake smile. "I told you, I'm fine. Okay?" She asked, before the fake smile faded a bit. "I'm mean as fine as someone who's hurtling towards a gruesome death can be." She said sarcastically, still smiling.

Mal hated seeing the girl fake smile. She deserved happiness, she deserved a real smile. "Max..." Mal trailed off, taking a breath in. "You know you can talk to me. Right?"

Mal waited for a moment, before smiling again. "Yeah, I know that."

"Then please talk to me. Listen I... I don't want to be a push, but I really just need you to talk to me. I know that we hug, we kiss, we show affection. We do all that. But I don't want a letter. I don't need one. I love you, max. And I want to know what you have to say. I want to know what you have to say out loud, not in a later max. Especially when you're right here. You're right here and you can tell me! I just don't wanna have to read it through a letter."

Mal had let all that out in one breath. Max was a bit stunned, and took at moment to take in all of what she just said.

Mal then pulled out the letter. "I'm right here, max. We all are." She motioned back to the car, where their friends were.

Max took a deep breath. "Mal, you know I love you. But there's just not enough time to tell you everything." She took another breath. "I'm sorry." Then she took of on the hill. "Please just wait in the car." She said quietly.

Mal took a moment standing there. She looked down at her shoes, and began walking to the car.

Mal got back inside the car, facing the ground. She felt tears weld up in her eyes. She was just being overdramatic.

The talk they had wasn't what she feared so much. It was max's death. The time was soon, she could tell. Max already had two visions, and today is supposed to be her last.