22. Warzone.

Eddie grabbed a book and sat it on the table. "Check this out. The War Zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh, well, killing things, basically."

"Do you think fake Rambo has enough guns there?" Robin then pointed to the paper. "Is that a grenade? I mean, how is any of this legal?"

"We'll, lucky for us, it is, so...this- this place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads, we oughta be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry hicks." Eddie told the group.

"If we're trying to avoid angry hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called The War Zone." Erica told them, she was right. Angry hicks probably surrounded that place.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk." Nancy folded her arms together, standing up.

"Me too." Lucas agreed.

"Yeah, but is it worth the time?" Dustin asked. "It'll take all day to bike there and back."

"You really thought-" Mal was going to say something about Dustin thinking about biking all the way out of Hawkins, but Eddie cut her off.

"Who said anything about bike?" Eddie asked, implying that he has some sort of vehicle or something.

"What, you got a car we don't know about?" Steve asked, shaking his head.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but, uh... it'll do." Eddie said.

"Please don't tell me you have a secret airplane or something." Mal mumbled, what else would he have? Knowing him, he was probably planning on something.

"Hey, red, uh, you got a ski mask or a bandanna, something like that?" Eddie asked max, making the girl think for a minute.

Max's eyebrows rose up as she tilted her head, she locked eyes with Mal, smirking.

'I definitely have something.'

"Yeah, I'll be back." Max started walking to her room but stopped. "Mal, come on."

"Oh- okay." Mal followed the girl to the room, helping her dig around for something.

Then max found what she was looking for. "Found it." She whispered, getting Mal's attention.

Max held up a Michael Myers mask, the one from Halloween. Mal smiled at the memory, the first time they properly hung out.

"Oh my god. You still have that?" Mal asked the girl across her. I mean, it's been two years.

Max nodded, smiling. "I never wanted to get rid of it. Y'know, for memories and stuff." She shrugged.

Mal smiled even wider, if that was possible. The two laughed for a bit, before returning to the others.
                                •••

The group followed behind Eddie who wore the Halloween mask, quickly running after him when he motioned for them to.

They quickly ran behind some cars and a trailer, and passed people. They made it to a RV/house trailer, and Eddie checked for any unlocked windows.

Mal bit down on her lip, what if there were no unlocked windows? What would they do?

But before she could really think, Eddie opened a small window, and jumped in.

Steve jumped in after him, then Nancy, Lucas, and it was max's turn.

Mal got down on her knee, making a step for max. The ginger girl thank her with a nod, before stepping up and jumping inside.