27. You made me into this.

The upside down.

She was in that stupid haunting dimension again. But she wasn't alone this time.

She could hear faint footsteps, and the faint whimpering of someone.

But all she could see was blue. She wasn't in a specific place, it was just a bare room of the upside down.

But then, it started tearing down, as if you were ripping a paper. It tore down into a another room.

But this wasn't just any other room... it was the gym of Hawkins middle school. Where the snowball was set.

And stuck against the wall with Vecna crawling towards them, was Max.

Mal didn't even have time to think, she just reacted.

And of course, that was by throwing Vecna far out of reach from max.

Vecna flew in the air, but before he could fall down to the ground, something else caught him.

Mal didn't take the time to look, too focused on max, as she went to grab her girlfriend by the hand and help her up from the floor.

"Hey-hey, you're okay." Mal tried reassuring max, but she could tell something else had max's attention.

Mal turned around, seeing someone she didn't expect.

Eleven.

She was slowly walking towards Vecna, her hand held high in the air. She looked different, she was taller and had a shaved head. That didn't need explaining, knowing the past.

Eleven continued to walk behind Vecna, still holding him in the air. She twisted her hand around, forcing Vecna to face her in the air.

"You."

"Hi." Was all eleven spoke to the monster, before doing a swift motion with her hand, throwing Vecna back into the wooden bleachers.

Mal and max turned their attention back to each other, helping both themselves up.

As they did so, eleven ran through the streamers to them.

"Max, Mal, are you are okay?" She frantically asked, only causing Mal and max to look at her confused.

"Huh?" Both girls asked in unison, sharing the same look.

"Are you guys okay?" El then asked more softer this time, holding onto both girls shoulders.

"I-yeah." Was all Mal could manage out, still confused how the girl was here with them, I mean, wasn't she supposed to be in California?!

"Yeah... are you- are you real? Di- did I make you?" Max asked, feeling around El's face with one hand, while the other held onto Mal's.

El grabbed mal and max's hands in her own, holding close. "I'm real"

"How?" The redhead asked in a shaky voice.

"I piggybacked from a pizza dough freezer." El said as if it was the most casual thing ever- and right now it might as well be.

Mal suppressed a light laugh, while max looked at the two girls like they were crazy.

"What?"

"Uh-um-" El got cut off by a creaking sound. The three girls looked at each other before walking out from behind the streamers and onto the main floor of the gym.

Only to see Vecna, rising from the bleachers, growling. He stood up and cracked his neck, before walking from above the bleachers.

Mal moved in front of max, just in case of an emergency.