Prologue

Lieutenant John Kelly was one of the strongest pilots in 1917 and when America started to get into the war, he did what he could to get himself to work hard to help his country win the war.  And at just twenty-one as well, he proved himself more than anyone.  And was hoping to become one of the best of the best, and was hoping to be the youngest to be promoted to captain.

John was also one of the strongest, bravest, and most compassionate toward people. He had a lot of friends and almost everyone adored him and always knew what to do in the toughest times, so when it was revealed that the United States has gotten into the war, it was a big shock to everyone, not thinking that it would ever happen given how they were always neutral when England was fighting against the Germans, and they remained neutral. 

But then they remembered why the war started in the first place, it was because the Archduke of Austria was assassinated along with his wife by Bosnian men. Which then resulted in the war beginning in Europe, but then the United States ended up agreeing to be in an alliance with Britain. 

And John called up the moment he got the opportunity and wanted to make something of himself, but he didn't realize how hard it was going to be the moment he enlisted. He had seen so many things that he hoped no man would ever see. 

The dreams.

The Nightmares. 

The Visions. 

Everything was happening so fast. 

The sounds of engines, the sounds of bombs dropping, the sounds of all of the bullets from the guns. He didn't know if all of it was proving to be too much. 

Until one night, while on the Battlefield. It was a dark night, and fires were out, bombs were exploding right in front of his eyes and the sounds of bullets were growing louder and louder. 

But as he was on the battlefield, things for him weren't like anything he had ever encountered. He was running away from his plane before it exploded right in front of his eyes, and he thought it was over. And it was far from over, with him being in the middle of a battle during a war. And when he thought that the bombs were no longer exploding, there was one that was right in front of him, and then later resulted in him getting hit, and then getting in the air and falling to the ground. Causing him to be unconscious. 

 John had a vision after a bomb exploded in front of him. He didn't know how long he was out, but then he saw a vision. The vision felt like more of a dream, but he couldn't really tell. But in this vision, he saw a woman, a beautiful blonde with green eyes and a complexion like no other. Perhaps she was an angel, an Angel sent from heaven to keep him alive, he didn't know who she was. But she was someone that he needed to see one day and often wondered why she was in this dream. Was it a sign? A Sign to stay alive? A sign to wake up from this monstrosity.

Or maybe it was a sign of what was to come in the future. 

When he woke up, he found himself in a hospital in Germany, he saw himself as more frightened than any man could ever be.

"Where am I?" John kept shouting, "Someone tell me where I am!"

"You're alright," a nurse said, as he looked up, he saw that the face was familiar looking and then remembered it was the same woman from his dream, "You're safe here."

John looked up and sat up and started pacing, the woman helped him and tried to console him. He looked at her for support and she rubbed his back to help him. He sighed out of relief and that feeling of him being safe. And she did whatever she could to make sure that he felt safe.

"Thank you." John sighed, "If it weren't for you, I'd be dead."

"Actually thank the combat medics." She said, then looking at him and smirked.

John looked at her and that looking at her led to him staring at her for a bit. She was starting to wonder why he was acting the way he was, maybe it was a thing with most men. When they saw the sight of a beautiful woman, even when almost dying, they would get all heart-eyed and all gooey-eyed.

"So, what's your name?" He asked her,

"I'd tell you but then I'd have to kill you."

"Oh..." John responded going along with the joke, "What a long and unusual name,"

The woman rolled her eyes and looked over at John's glaring and she watched as he was staring at her, she didn't know why he was being stared at. She couldn't help but stare at him back, perhaps it was a way for him to get the hint to leave her alone. But he certainly wasn't taking the hint. She looked at his blue eyes and his dark brown hair and just couldn't just leave him in the dark.

It was clear.

Clear that he wanted to know who she was.

"Come on," John responded, "Tell me your real name." 

She sighed, looked at him, and took his hand.

"It's Violet," She said, "Violet Swann."