Chapter Ten

As John kissed her, Violet didn't know what to do at that moment, her only thought was that she had to kiss him back.

And it felt good. Felt like heaven.

She didn't remember the last time she had felt heavenly. John's lips were soft, softer than she thought they would be. She didn't think they would be this soft.  She gave into his kiss for at least another ten seconds, until she pulled away from him.

"Sorry...I..." John started to say, wondering why he did what he did. Violet was surprised as well. She didn't think he had it in him to kiss her first. But he did.

"Why did you do that?" Violet asked,

"You know, I'm wondering the same thing."

John just looked around and chuckled scratching his head, like a boy in school afraid to get called on in class. Violet didn't know what was on his mind at that moment. But she could tell that he was nervous. There were a lot of things that could have given that away. From his awkward smile, his constant looking onto the ground, or was it that he couldn't even face her. She wanted to help him, and tell him that it was okay. She didn't mind that he kissed her. Violet secretly wanted him to do it again, but she didn't want to tell anyone. 

"John..." Violet said trying to get his attention,

"Hmm?" John said looking up and staring into Violet's green eyes. He just couldn't help but stare at her eyes for a few seconds. They were just the most beautiful green eyes he had ever seen. He wanted to look at them forever. 

"Are you alright?" Violet asked him trying to comfort him.

"Yes...sorry I shouldn't have done that."

"You're right." Violet said, "You're right John."

"So... we can pretend it never happened," John said disappointed. 

"No...I'm saying you shouldn't have done that, because I wanted to do it first." Violet said leaning in and kissing him on the lips. John couldn't believe it, he was feeling like he was in heaven, almost like that dream was finally a reality. He didn't know how it happened, but it did. He was kissing Violet Swan. The girl he thought was out of his league from the start. He wasn't thinking about the war, and he wasn't thinking about his nightmares, he wasn't thinking about anything else but her. Her kissing him felt like nothing else mattered, he forgot about everything that was happening. He also forgot about how Jamie and Ciera were revealed to have had an affair to Silas, and he forgot about how afterward that Silas punched Jamie.  

John pulled Violet away and he didn't know why he did that, but he didn't care that things were getting even tougher and more intense than ever for everyone.  He was proud of himself for finally making a move on her. And he didn't know why she kissed him back.

"You know I was wondering why you did that," John said,

"An eye for an eye." Violet joked. She found herself starting to have feelings for him, just as much as he was starting to have feelings for her. She didn't think she would, and she didn't want it to happen, but it did. She couldn't help it any more than John did. It was just a feeling, a feeling that neither one of them could control. John didn't know what was going to happen next, and he was terrified about what was about to happen next. Given the war, and the fight between Jamie and Silas. He was getting even more worried thinking about what was happening next. He was wondering if he was going to go away again. And he wasn't sure if Violet was going to be there. He knew she wasn't going to be in battle, and what if he died and he was confirmed to be missing, and in reality, he wasn't.

But he didn't want to worry too much, he wanted to think about the moments he had with Violet. And he didn't want any of his thoughts and constant worry get to him because it wasn't going to be beneficial. John always admitted he was scared, and going into the war was about overcoming fears.