Chapter One

Days passed and John was trying to get the explosion and his plane crashing out of his mind. It took a lot for him to try and forget about it, but he couldn't forget about it. But then he remembered seeing the large wound on his leg wrapped around his leg by a large bandage. And all of the flashbacks of the battle were seen right in front of his eyes.

He heard the sounds of bombs and ticking in his ears, and the sounds of the explosions were heard over and over.

Sometimes it felt as if it were something he was to never get over it.

But he knew what he was getting into.

He knew what he was getting into from the start. He knew of the things that he was going to see, he knew that he was going to possibly die in this war.

But he knew why he was doing it.

He was doing it for his country.

And there were many men that have sacrificed their lives for the country as well.

And then he remembered Violet, Violet Swan and how she helped him in these tough times.

How she healed him when he thought he was no longer safe.

How she was an angel sent from heaven to keep him alive, he kept her face in his mind everytime she was on the battlefield. He didn't know why she was always on his mind.

Especially when they were in tents and not on the battlefield.

All that was on John's mind, was Violet Swann and why she was in his dreams, and why she was with him when he woke up.

His best friend Wesley noticed it more than anyone. How John had a girl on his mind. Which wasn't too much of a surprise, since women and who he was going to spend the night with was always on his mind. Wesley always made sure that John didn't make too much of a fool out of himself, which was quite often with John and Wesley always had to reassure him to not be an idiot.

But everytime, John would continue to be an idiot and Wesley would have to reassure him again, because that was the way their friendship was.

Especially when it came to girls.

Most of the tents were filled with women everywhere, because there were nurses everywhere healing wounded soldiers, and caring for those that needed amputations. So there were other men that needed care other than himself, but he wanted to see her, so he wasn't really thinking about any of the other men, he was only thinking about himself.

Because he wanted to see her.

See if maybe he could win her over.

He immediately remembered that Violet was also a nurse, and she could be at any of the tents.

He searched every tent to see where she might have been and then when he looked in the last tent, he immediately had a feeling that Violet would be in there. He forgot that he was in crutches and was having a hard time walking, from the explosion days before. But he didn't really care, he wasn't thinking in that moment.

As he got there, he saw her putting morphine in someone, he smiled and started staring at her. He watched as she was putting in the morphine in the man. And stared at her for seconds, until Violet finally noticed him.

"May I help you?" She asked him

"Do you remember me?" John asked walking over in crutches, "From the other day,"

"Vaguely," Violet answered and then looking at him sternly, "I've seen lots of men wounded in the past few days."

John looked at his leg and pointed it to Violet, and Violet was still trying to remember who he was, but then she remembered a few moments later.