Chapter Eight | Prince Abel of Caittodour Kingdom

Daisy's POV

Later that night, after calming down, Daisy headed back to the castle. She realised the plan they thought, well Luigi thought of, was probably the most sensible plan. All she had to do was talk to him, tell him she didn't want to get married; he would understand! Right!

Daisy had no plan if today didn't go well and she had no idea when she would be able to see Luigi again, not for a while, she realised sadly. She wanted to talk to her sister, Lapis always knew about this type of 'girly' stuff. Lapis had become very focussed on ruling her new kingdom, the people there sure loved her. Lapis was kind and thoughtful, despite being her father's favourite, she was the opposite of him, luckily for Daisy. As she was thinking about her, she decided she might as well ring Lapis and see how she was doing, Daisy hadn't spoken to her sister in a while, she can tell her about Luigi and ask her what to do about the marriage.

Daisy got out of bed and grabbed the telephone that sat on her nightstand. She began dialling the numbers before hesitating – what time was it? She looked across the room to her alarm clock which read 10:45, whoops! She was trying to fix her sleep schedule, she really was!

She typed the numbers before yawning and holding it up to her ear. It rung for a few moments, and she lost hope that her sister would answer...

"Hello?" A voice on the other side said. Daisy suddenly got excited and bounced up and down on her bed.

"Lapis!" She exclaimed, overjoyed.

"Who is this?" The voice replied, grounding Daisy instantly.

"Who is this?" She replied sarcastically.

"I'm Esmeray Hetta, bodyguard of King and Queen Bensor, and captain of the night guards of Beanbean army. Who may you be?" She asked again, this time more firmly.

Daisy decided to bring her authority into the discussion, "I'm Empress Daisy of Sarasaland, Queen Bensor's sister?" She emphasised the 'Queen Bensor' as she had never called Lapis that before.

"Oh. I should fetch her for you?" The knight suggested. Daisy replied with a prompt 'mhm', and she heard the phone be put down. Daisy exhaled and grinned manically, she had so much power over people that it was hilarious.

"Daisy!" She heard her sisters soft, polite voice on the other side of the phone, almost making her squeal with happiness.

"Lapis! I've missed you so much!" Daisy replied, still grinning.

"I've missed you too, Dais." She replied, "What's going on?"

"Oh, Lapis! I have a dilemma." Daisy always seemed to go back to her polite 'princess' voice around her sister, without even meaning to.

Daisy continued, "Father is trying to make me marry a man, I don't want to!"

"What?" Lapis practically yelled, "What?" She said again, clearly lost for words.

"I know! It isn't fair but when I said no, he got angry." Daisy explained. She was silent for a while, but Daisy knew she was still there from her breathing.

"I don't know what to say, Dais, I'm sorry!" She sounded hushed and high-pitched.

"Neither do I, but here's the real twist. I...I have a boyfriend. I can't marry some prince because I love Luigi!" Daisy complained, getting louder and louder before realising she had to be quiet because Emperor Masud might hear her.

"Oh, my days!" Lapis yelled! "I can't believe it! My little sister with a man! Who is he?"

Daisy chuckled before answering, she knew her sister would be over the moon for her.