-Aɾɾαɳɠҽɱҽɳƚ

—ᴎɘɘƚɿuoᎸ ɿɘƚqɒʜɔ╮

—ᴎɘɘƚɿuoᎸ ɿɘƚqɒʜɔ

_________________________________________

Gazing at her long beautiful white hair and grey eyes, it would make sense that Fuyumi had her mother's spitting image.

Rei was lying on the white pillows and blankets of the bed, looking feeble and weak. Y/n recalled that she had been sick for a thousand years, but she doesn't seem to have recovered yet. Her skin was a sickly pale tone, her eyelids struggled to keep open, and she would hoarsely cough from time to time.

"Fuyumi, if you would?" Rei breathed quietly.

"Yes, Mother." Fuyumi turned around and left the bedroom, leaving Y/n along with the goddess.

"How are you, my dear?" Rei asked her.

"I-I'm doing okay, your highness," she answered hesitantly.

"Please, call me Rei." She said sweetly. "You've been in Sundaria for some time, haven't you?"

"I have."

"Has my son been good to you?" She asked.

"Touya? He has. He's been very kind to me during my stay..."

"That's good to hear. From what I've heard, it seems that you are the one he has his heart set on. I can tell you have feelings for him as well, correct?" said Rei.

"I do..." she lowered her head shyly.

"But...you're in love with another."

"How did you know that?" Y/n flinched.

"I just do." Rei giggled airily. "My son has never embraced this type of love from a woman in a thousand years, and today you've shown him that. With that, I thank you."

"Uh...you're welcome, your high--I -I mean, Rei." She flustered a bit.

"And I just know...that you're the only one who can change Touya's mind...when the time comes...before it's too late," Rei whispered.

Huh? What does she mean by that? She thought. I feel like I'm being given riddles here.

"Wha--  what do you mean by that? Rei?" She asked but the goddess had her eyes softly closed and snoozed to sleep. "She's...asleep. I wanted her to tell me about Shouto. What's with the mystery in this place?"

The door opened and Fuyumi came back inside.

"Y/n?"

"She fell asleep," she whispered.

"I guess she said what she wanted to say, Touya is waiting for you. Time for you to go."

"Okay..." she nodded and followed Fuyumi out of the bedroom. Her brows furrowed and riddled with confusion as the things Rei said repeated in her mind. Change his mind before it's too late? What did she mean?