Chapter 20: Final Battle

Fei ran towards the two boys, already being pelted by needles.

"You're not the only one who can work with needles!" She murmured, aiming three towards him. He dodged one but one managed to scratch him while the other hit him in the shoulder, pulling him away from the two inside.

'Not only is she fast, but her aim is sharp.' He thought.

"It seems I also must worry about you...but you won't come inside," he made hand signs, causing one of the Haku in the mirror to pop out of the mirror, "so I'll come to you."

She growled lowly in response, clutching her senbon needle "Try me..."

"Fei! No!" Naruto yelled out.

"Don't he's too quick! Get out of there!" Sasuke yelled out.

"Fei!" Sakura shrieked, attempting to help her comrade. Fei put out her arm, stopping her.

"I told you not to worry...it'll be fine. I promise," she turned her attention towards Sasuke, "You more than anyone knows you aren't the only one who trained their ass off." With that, Fei began to pull out a small sword, a tanto, and flipping it around. She positioned herself and the two opponents had a stare off. One drop, two drops, three, and they sprinted at each other. Somehow, Fei was able to keep up with Haku, even at his max speed. She deflected his senbon needle and attempted to kick his clone to the ground, but he swiftly moved away and cut her shoulder. She winced before striking him back with her blade. He disappeared only to have another pop out, just as fast.

'Another?' she thought, jumping away before bouncing back to fight him. Haku swiped at her, causing her to jump above him and throw needles at him. He moved away and both clashed their weapons against each other, struggling against each other's push. Fei jumped back, assessing the situation. Despite her efforts, she still couldn't distract him. He had defenses in and out of his jutsu. She glared at him before he spoke.

"You also have impressive speed. Compared to before, you also have improved immensely..."

"Thanks, though I don't know how to feel being complimented by the enemy," she answered. She looked back at the inside and found another opening. She threw senbon needles at the clone before throwing a few back inside. However, they were deflected and the clone used this opportunity to kick her in the gut. She wheezed as she flew across the bridge, barely stopping herself.

"FEI! WATCH OUT!" Sakura yelled as Haku approached. Fei quickly side-jumped and kicked the clone to the ground. It exploded into ice needles, which Fei escaped, but not unscathed. She had needles on her arms, legs, and one to the side of her stomach. She grimaced as she pulled the one near her stomach out before roughly throwing it to the ground.

"Ninja art: Crystal Ice Needles!" A new clone yelled out, senbon appearing near Fei as she attempted to recover. She quickly moved away before sensing him behind her, blocking the senbon in his hand.

"Ninja art: Leaf blades dance!" Fei yelled as she began to spin at a rapid speed, her blade cutting at the clone in front of her. She stopped and began to pant slightly, already feeling tired.

'Ugh...stamina!' She thought as another clone approached, 'At this rate...I'm screwed...they just keep coming,' she looked back at the boys, still getting attacked. Then she heard Sakura scream.

"Sakura?!" She spun around, ignoring Haku and seeing Zabuza approaching Tazuna and Sakura. Luckily he was stopped by Kakashi in time, getting slashed as a consequence. Fei suddenly remembered her own fight and turned back around, seeing Haku standing patiently.

"W-why didn't you attack? I was open?"

"I'm not a fan of doing those attacks unless absolutely necessary," he responded simply. Fei glared, confusion overtaking her.