8

Chapter 8:

"You've been off this whole week. Are you feeling okay?" Matty asks when i get off of my bike Thursday morning. He feels my head and i roll my eyes at him. "Did you go to the Dr. yesterday?" he asks referring to why i wasnt at school yesterday.

Siting my helmet on my seat i sigh and turn to him. "I'm fine i just havn't gotten alot of sleep."

"Why?" Eli asks concerned and i smile at him in reassurance.

I debate on weather to ask the question or not. After a few minutes asking wins. "If you ask for forgiveness before you die do you go to heaven?"

Eli gives me a strange look but nods his head anyways. "After you ask for forgiveness God forgets everything bad once you ask so yah you go to Heaven."

"What if it was your last breath?" i ask because i said on your death bed she was but she was really far gone.

"You still go to Heaven. What brought this on?" he ask and i shake my head walking away. Before i get to far Eli grabs my wrist to stop me. "Blake talk to me."

I look behind him to see our friends watching us but they dont come closer to see what were talking about. My eyes travel to his and then i look down at his hand and mumble "I'm not suppose to talk about it."

"Just tell me what brought it on." he says softly placing his hand under my chin. He brings it up to meet his eyes and i sigh. "You dont have to tell me everything Blake."

Since he's already holding onto my wrist i start walking and he follows me. I sit at one of the tables out side that not alot of people are around and turn to him motioning for him to sit. He follows with a confused look.

"I already told you my mom died." Eli nods and understanding floods his features. "Well she was murdered." Surprise flashes across his face and i nod sadly. "Some men shot her three years ago. Wednesday night daddy told me that she asked for forgiveness with her last breath and i wanted to know if she was in Heaven." I shrug at the end of it because i have been thanking abut this to long. Eli told me she was in heaven so i just need to let it go and accept it.

Eli reaches over to grab my hand and i smile lightly looking at our joined hands. "She's in heaven Blake. If God herd her then she is in Heaven and when people ask for forgiveness the angles are happy and so is God so i am sure he herd her."

"So can we go to class now?" i ask looking around the lot. No one is ou here its just us two and the birds.

"Can you tell me why they killed her?" he asks hopefully.

I bit my bottom lip debating on if i should tell him or not. "Just put it like this her father was know and not everyone liked him." thats as simple as i can put it and if he really wants to know he'll put the pieces together. I pull my hand from his and stand dusting my jeans off. "I'd like to go to class now."

"I'm sorry if i pushed Blake. I just want to know more about you." he says softly and i turn to him with a small smile happy he wants to know about me.

"You can know anything you want to Eli but how my mom died and why i moved from Cali. Besides those two things dude i'm an open book."

Eli looks around for a second nervously and asks "Well can i read you Friday night?"

I laugh loudly and he smiles loosening up  bit. "That'd be awesome!

.

I look at him out of the corner of my eye for the seventh time and he finally huffs turning to me. "What is it tiger. You've been looking at me since i got home."

"I told Eli mom was killed." I blurt and cover my mouth shocked.

Daddy's eyes widen and he scrunches his eyebrows together confused. "Why?"

Sighing i rest against the couch tired. When i keep things from my dad it always takes the fight out of me. "I asked him a question and he wanted to know why i was wondering that. I only told him that she was killed three years ago and she asked for forgiveness with her last breath."

"Do you really like this boy?" he asks me getting serious.

"The truth?" i ask and he gives me a duh look. "Yah i like him and i like that he has such a big heart and that he thinks everything is fine and he can always be positive when it comes to God."

"If you feel he needs to know the truth Blake tell him. HE can't make it any worse."

I turn wide eyed and look at him stunned. "But he could. He could tell someone and they could find us. Then we'de have to move again and i actually like it here. I like my friends and i dont know if i could leave Eli."

"When he finds out your lying he'll be mad." daddy points out and i sigh because that is the truth. "If we have to move then we just have to. God will lead us on the right path." he says surprising me even more tonight. I've never heard hi talk about God when i wasn't asking questions so this was a surprise. "Just tell him the story of your mother. You dont have to tell him why we moved."

I nod and sit back looking back at the television. I dont watch it i just stair at it wondering if i want to tell him and if i do when i want to tell him. If he finds out the whole story will he run? I would run but thats just me but i dont know if i could run if he was in this situation because i really like him.