Harmonize

"Come on, Mikey," Ken-chin complained with an exasperated huff towards the end, "It's just Takemitchy."

Mikey fidgeted in the elevator, nervous excitement bursting from his movements the cause of Ken-chin's ire, but Mikey didn't care. He was about to see Takemitchy face to face after a full seven days. The traitor in the warehouse a distant memory as he readjusted the bags in his hands.

"Shut up, Ken-chin~" Mikey whined. He moved all the baggage to one hand, his gym style bag over his shoulder and the bags filled with treats from Emma. 

When the elevator finally opened Mikey excitedly unlocked the front door--

"Tadaima!" He shouted, his heart pounding in expectation of being welcomed home from being away. The lonely, dark apartment that showed minimal signs of life at one point, would have welcomed him home with nothing more than an automatic light turning on, but--

The lights were all on, there was a deliciously warm scent of one of his favorite foods. There was already three plates set around the kotatsu. The smell of warm, sweet honey pancake and azuki bean paste wafted through the air and Mikey stilled, blocking the door from a now patient Ken-chin who watched his childhood friend with a small smile.

Mikey noticed that there were a few photos on the walls now. One of his friends when they first created Toman, then one where Emma was braiding Ken-chin's hair. The two pictures were one of the first things he saw when he opened the door, on the section of wall next to the television...

"Okaeri." Came a soft voice from the kitchen and Mikey finally looked to where Takemichi stood in front of the stove, a plate of fresh made dorayaki on the counter as Takemichi mixed three separate cups of matcha latte. He was dressed in a pair of capri pants that Mitsuya had made him, one of Mikey's over the shoulder white shirts and a purple apron and he was smiling, his eyepatch was secured and face relaxed.

Mikey pressed his lips together and tried to steady his heartbeat. He didn't want to scare Takemichi with the intensity of his emotions, with how badly he wanted to hug him and run his fingers through his curly black hair. Mikey had missed him so much.

*Doki Doki*

He watched Takemichi timidly approach him, his hands fidgeting against his chest nervously, "I-I missed you, Manjirou," He whispered, face visibly heating as he stared at the silver chain necklace around Mikey's neck. 

Takemichi was here waiting, making his favorite foods and bringing life into his home. Fondness assaulted Mikey's heart, completely cracking the cold exterior that he had used half an hour ago.

"I missed you too," Mikey whispered, his lips curled into a smile that he couldn't hold back, "I hope you really have been well." He reached forward and rested a hand in Takemichi's hair and gave into the need to touch him.

Takemichi's smile grew as he shyly turned away, Mikey could tell that Takemichi was enjoying this attention though, "A-ah, I have. Mitsuya-kun left about an hour ago--" His eye widened as he looked over Mikey's shoulder and into the open elevator, noticing Ken-chin for the first time. He stumbled away, face shining like the surface of the sun, "A-a-ah, Draken-kun, H-hello!" He refused to look towards the man again in his embarrassment and Mikey's heart felt like it was going to explode.

Takemichi was so cute.

"Hello, Takemitchy," Draken greeted in a teasing manner, "Nice to see you finally noticed me." It was all in good fun and that was why Mikey allowed it. He knew for a fact that Takemichi was only embarrassed at someone seeing him be affectionate.