Labilis

Days passed as the two went about their day to day as if Mikey had never left, except now there were affirmations of affection and moments for stolen kisses. There were softer touches and lingering smiles, handholding and cuddling on the couch to watch Dr. Romantic. Mikey told Takemichi he only watched it because Takemichi wanted to, but it was a lie that they both knew.

All in all Mikey was holding back and being tame, trying to not put too much pressure on Takemichi, but also not letting the living form of anxiety and intrusive thoughts think that Mikey had lost interest in him. One may have thought the task was exhausting, but Mikey was learning to not be surprised at the level of patience he held for Takemichi. Only Takemichi though. If anyone else in his life were to need this much attention then Mikey would likely be dragging his feet.

Mikey was happy to let Takemichi set any pace to their relationship, finding that he was simply content to spend his time with his hero.

It was a precarious balance that Mikey was expertly walking with much enthusiasm.

"Mitchy," Mikey called from the sofa, throwing a look over his shoulder to Takemichi who was currently working on one of the three dimensional puzzles Koko had bought for him, "Emma just texted, she'll be here in twenty minutes."

Takemichi smiled, but didn't look away from the box of interlocking rods? Mikey had no clue what it was or how Takemichi was making the pieces move like that. Maybe it was just something else that the love of his life was just good at that Mikey would never be able to grasp.

Mikey looked back towards the iPad in his hand and scrolled through a list of shipments that Inupi had sent him this morning. He was doing his best to stay ahead on all current paperwork so that he'd have less work to do for the next week. There was always work, but getting some out of the way now would only leave him more time for celebrations later.

Celebrations.

Ken-chin and Emma were finally getting married.

Mikey couldn't believe it, the day was finally here. After well over a decade, his best friend and sister were getting married. Mikey's leg bounced in place and he moved restlessly, he was just so excited.

"Are you alright, Manjirou?" Takemichi asked from his bed, puzzle down as Mikey felt his attention. Mikey looked back over the couch again and smiled.

"I'm alright, just really looking forward to the wedding, right?"

He watched a shy smile spread over his love's face, "I'm glad you're so happy." But then he looked away and as the smile began to fall, Mikey was on his feet and rolling into Takemichi's comfy bed, obnoxiously in Takemichi's personal space.

"Takemitttchyyyy~" Mikey whined with an exaggerated pout, "What is it? Did I upset you?"

Bingo, Mikey thought to himself as he saw the edge of Takemichi's lip quirk upwards. His childish song and dance never failed to give him all of Takemichi's attention.

"It's not you, Mikey-kun, you never upset me."

It was said so honestly that Mikey was inwardly preening at the words. Mikey rolled over once more and laid his head in Takemichi's lap and looked at the man upside down and the smile grew a tad more, even if his eyes were still a bit sad.

"Well, what's with the frown? You can tell me anything. I promise I won't laugh." Mikey could tell that the chuckle that escaped Takemichi wasn't meant to and Mikey felt triumphant. 

He reached out and his fingers gingerly trailed over the other's face, "Come on," He coaxed, "Please?"

Takemichi cleared his throat a bit and leaned into Mikey's affectionate touches like a starved cat, tears prickling at his one visible eye, "I feel awful about something, but I never said anything... I-I didn't want to ruin the atmosphere..."