Desolate

This was bad.

This was all his fault.

The white hair on the shorter man blew around his face as he ran bare foot through the crowds in Shibuya, he had lost his sandals somewhere on his frantic dash across the city.

He had no choice, he had to make it in time.

He couldn't lose her too.

He had already lost his big brother Shinichiro and his adopted brother Izana, he couldn't afford lose his baby sister too.

Mikey wasn't okay.

It's been a long time since he was okay.

No, things have been bad for him for a long time.

He tried, he really did. He's been seeing a therapist Emma sent him to. He does his best to be the best he can.

He was still a gang leader, leading the Tokyo Manji Gang since he was twelve years old. It was huge, controlling ten of the 23 special wards and having an alliance with the other two big gangs. They were becoming the new dominating yakuza...

None of that mattered if Emma died.

He pivoted on his heel to avoid fully crashing into a casually dressed man who was standing in the middle of the sidewalk, he dropped his newspaper as Mikey nearly bowled him over.

The man shouted something, but Mikey wasn't listening. His blood was rushing in his ears drowning out all noise around him. He ran into traffic, throwing himself over a passing car's hood, uncaring for the safety of anyone around him.

He had to reach her.

He had to make it before they did.

He knew the reason he hasn't sunk fully was because Emma was here... If he lost Emma, his last sibling, he knew he'd drown.

The darkness in his heart would consume him and he wouldn't even care. He was struggling to live peacefully enough as it was, constantly at war with himself. He didn't dare tell Emma just how bad it was, he didn't want to worry her more than he already did. 

But Mikey was still lucky!! He had people who loved him, people who cared for him!

And she was alive. She was here with him! If he could reach her he could protect her! This was his fault and he'd make it right!

Emma!

His feet were bleeding, his heels slick and his shins burning from the strain. He had never run this far or this fast in his life. Breathing was difficult, the hot air burning his throat and stinging his lungs, making his ribs hurt and breathing difficult. It was as if air didn't exist and he was slowly suffocating.

What would he tell Ken-chin if Emma died?

How would he continue on without his little sister?