⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter two ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤ 𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 at my apartment finally, taking off our shoes as we entered

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑾𝒆 𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒗𝒆𝒅 at my apartment finally, taking off our shoes as we entered. I placed my groceries on the counter and I quickly ran to the bathroom to get my first aid kit.

When I came back out I found him already making himself at home on my couch. He looked up as I made my entrance into the room, meeting eyes with me.

"Oh hand the first aid to me, I can treat my own wound don't worry." I walked around the side of the couch handing him the kit. My watchful eyes analyzed everything he did; making sure nothing went wrong. When he took his hand away from his waist I was able to see the full wound—which looked very painful. He finished patching himself up and shifted his gaze back at me. Then, a grave face befell him, and he spoke with a serious tone, "What's your name?"

"My... name? It's (First name) (Last name)" Suddenly his tense scowl eased, and a smile caressed his lightly flushed skin.

"Thank you (name)! I'm surprised you would just help a stranger off the street like that. I could be dangerous you know." He reclined on the couch while chuckling a little.

"Are you dangerous then?" I didn't sense any bad vibes from him originally, but now I realize how dumb of a choice I made and I was starting to get anxious. Normally I'm a more cautious person than this, so this situation really was odd.

"Well, I wouldn't say I am completely harmless." The young man remarked with a wry smile.

Because I was on high alert now, I began to examine him. He was a short young man with messy hair, his bangs being tied back at the top—it was also a blond color. His physique was also thin but if you looked closely you could see he was muscular and somewhat well built.

"Since I told you my name it's only right you tell me yours." The strange boy nodded at me, pleased that I had finally asked him that question.

"Sano Manjiro, but I would prefer if you called me Mikey."

"Okay, Mikey it is—by the way, why were you hurt when I found you? I have been meaning to ask." He was a little stunned by the question, and hesitated to answer.

"I got into a little scuffle with a guy from another gang. We threw a few punches before he took a broken bottle and slashed my waist."

"Another gang? So does that mean you're also in a gang?" Now I began to get a little worried. Yet I was still proud of myself for being able to put together that detail.

"Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. I am the commander of the Tokyo Manji Gang." My mouth practically dropped to the floor. This little blond haired boy was the leader of a gang? He's so young, can't be more than 15 or 16. I'd heard of the Tokyo Manji gang before too, rumors of how their commander was invincible. Now here he sat before me, smiling and laughing.

"Why didn't you go home to treat your wound?"

"Home... I'm not really sure but I just didn't feel like going back. Maybe it was because it was fate to meet you, hehe."

"You don't like your home?"

"It's not like I don't like it. It's more like it just doesn't feel like home anymore." He paused a little before continuing, "Is this your home? Do you still live with your parents?"

"No I'm on my own for now, but yes this is my beautiful apartment." I put my thumb to my chest as a proud gesture. It seemed so make him smile, but it wasn't like a smile I'd ever seen before. It didn't seem genuine; more like he was just putting up a front.

In the short time I had gotten to know this young man, I somehow felt responsible for him. He seemed unhappy, and part of me wanted to show him at least some happiness.

Maybe it was that very thought just now that led me to say these words. Words I would still say again if I had to do everything over.

"Want to call this place your home too?"

╰┈➤ EDITED

 • • •┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ♡