⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter three ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤ "𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐?"

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤ "𝑾𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐𝒐?"

Mikey didn't respond for a little while. I suddenly started feeling a little self-conscious, in disbelief at what I had just said.

What the hell am I even doing?

"(Nickname)." He mumbled finally in a low and soft voice, I almost couldn't hear it. Just in case I misheard him,

"What?"

"(Nickname). I give all my favorite friends nicknames, so (Nickname)." He smiled again at me.

"Oh I see... well thank you I like it a lot." I finally returned the smile with my own. "What grade are you in Mikey?" I was curious about him now. I needed to know more about him—and to figure out why I was so drawn to him.

"Third year junior high! I am 15." He said very proudly. However he was met with me giggling which made him look at me with a confused face. "Huh? What's so funny?"

"Haha, it looks like I'm older than you then."

"HUUUHHH?? What grade are you then?"

"First year high school, I'm a year older." A small smirk was appearing on my lips. Mikey turned his head to the side and puffed his cheeks out to pout.

"So what, that just means you're old and crusty."

He's pouting? Is he seriously the leader of the infamous Tokyo Manji Gang?

"Hey watch your mouth, you may be the leader of a gang but these hands are rated e for every—"

We were interrupted when Mikey suddenly got a phone call, which drew my attention to the time. It was getting really late and I'd forgotten how sleepy I actually was.

"Sorry (nickname), it looks like I got to go now." Mikey's face drooped a little.

"Oh yeah, go ahead get home safe."

"Thanks I will!" He got up from my couch and started walking toward the door. At that very moment my now forgotten groceries shifted from uneven weight on the counter, and some of the things I bought became exposed. Mikey turned to look as his eyes went wide.

"(Nickname)." His bangs fell over his face, and he said my name gravely with his head hung down.

"Uh yes??" Sweat piled on my forehead, "Is something the matter?" I got up to move to where he was. Then he suddenly exploded into excitement, I could practically see the stars in his eyes.

"You like dorayaki too???? (Nickname) we are good friends right?? Give me some please!!" All of my anxiety faded away and I just stood there with a stupid look.

Man this guy really has a childish side.

"Oh sure, I bought a few anyways." I reached into the bag and pulled out a packet for him. He took it super fast and started shoving it in his mouth. "Woah slow down you'll choke!" Mikey only laughed, then attempted to speak with his mouth full of food.

"Mmmmbnk ybou soh maoch (nickname)."

"I'm assuming you're thanking me so you are welcome." I gave him a little thumbs up. He had the biggest grin on his face after finishing the food.

I was waving goodbye before he stopped in his tracks. Mikey kept his back toward me, not even stealing such a glance or looking back. In a very small voice he mumbled a response,

"I'd like very much to call this place home."

╰┈➤ EDITED

 • • •┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ♡