⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter ten ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 I was too tired to even look at the wooden box

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤𝑾𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒉𝒐𝒎𝒆 I was too tired to even look at the wooden box. The day was just so chaotic I immediately went to bed, completely forgetting about the time capsule.

The birds chirping in the distance was the first thing I heard as I got up from bed. I was met by spam texts from Hina and Emma.

__ __

╔═════════════════════╗
HINA, EMMA, (NAME)
╚═════════════════════╝

╰ » Hina: (Name) are you up yet??? It's important

╰ » Emma: Mikey and Draken are fighting, and Takemichi is in the hospital with me right now!

╰ » Hina: I know it's a lot to ask but could you please go check on him for me (name)?
╰ » Hina: I'll be there too, but I can't come right away

Got it, I'll be there soon « ╮
ᴿᴱᴬᴰ ⁷:¹⁴ ᴬᴹ

__ __

The reason why Hina always asks me to check up on her boyfriend was because he was a long time family friend of ours. Unlike my mystery friend, we were able to keep contact after my move. I had always thought of him as my little brother.

Right now I was very worried about him; his sudden hospitalization and knowing that they were in a gang fight wasn't a good combination. On top of the fact Mikey and Draken we're now quarreling.

Don't be concerned my ass!

I hadn't heard from Mikey since yesterday either. We exchanged contact info not too long ago, but surprisingly he's not much of a texter—more often than not he drops by my apartment instead. It was radio silent on his end though, which felt very weird. Something was definitely wrong.

I made my way to the hospital, and finally found Emma and Takemichi. I watched as he woke up and stretched, perhaps a little too far because he was now groping Emma's boob.

"Perv." She muttered with a serious face. I giggled which made her look over to see me.

"Hey." I waved at them as I walked over to his bedside.

"Huh (Name) what are you doing here?" Takemichi blinked.

"Oh Hina asked me to come check on you."

"That's right when we were running away I passed out..."

"Did the fight go bad?" I was anxious to hear about everyone, especially Mikey.

"I got a call from Draken, him and Mikey started fighting." Emma said solemnly, starting to break down in tears "The conversation started to get out of hand quickly, and Toman split into the Mikey and Draken factions..." She fell on top of Takemichi's lap and we both moved to console her.

It made sense that I wouldn't hear from Mikey now, the situation really did end up bad. Hina herself finally entered at possibly the worst timing known to man, as her boyfriend was consoling a crying girl on his lap.

"Huh? What?" Hina deadpanned before realizing, "What?! That's obscene?!?!"

"N-NOO HINA!!? You've got it all wrong!!" Me and Emma chuckled as we watched the two try and figure things out,  with Takemichi frantically trying to explain himself.

I went home after, trying to give Hina and Takemichi space to be with each other. Emma went back too because she was tired—rightfully so. When I got in my apartment I remembered the wooden box from yesterday, my bag still sitting on the counter waiting to be opened. I shuffled my way over to the purse, lifting the flap up to pull out the box.

Carefully I unsealed it, taking the top off. I was surprised when I found myself looking at a small piece of paper. I took it from the box and unfolded the sheet to reveal a picture. It was in front of a diner, and it was a younger me standing next to someone else. A boy who was taller than me, dressed in a dojo uniform.

"Are you...him?" I studied the picture more, but his face was very hard to make out. The box was wood, so water had naturally seeped through causing the picture to distort greatly. It also didn't help it was not in color, so I couldn't make out any major details about him. I turned the picture over to check if the back had any other clues, and to my delight there was a little note written. I could tell it was someone else's handwriting, it was far too neat for a little kid. It was also smudged and faded from water, but clearly said 'Our secret base, Amore Mio'.

The thought hit me like a truck, and some of my memories started coming back. I used to eat a lot with him at Amore Mio's, and it was located on the side of a cliff that overlooked the seaside city. We called that diner our secret base.

Without a second of delay I was headed right back out the door.

╰┈➤ EDITED

•••┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ♡