⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter twenty-two ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤ 𝑴𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤ 𝑴𝒚 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒂𝒘𝒂𝒌𝒆. Lying flat on my back. while feeling my surroundings. My face seemed very oily, maybe because I was sweating throughout the night. I felt as though I had just woken up from a long dream. For a second I couldn't recognize where I was—again.

Wait again? No I've never felt this strange feeling before.

I sat up immediately, needing to grasp my surroundings. That's when I realized something, or rather someone, was holding onto my waist. His face contorted into discontent, as he squeezed me even tighter. Then all the strange feelings went away, and I smiled watching my boyfriend rub his eyes awake.

"(Nickname)? Why are you getting up so early..." He yawned and rose with me, albeit very slowly. I took a moment to think, last night I had an encounter with my sketchy neighbor. Then after reading Takemichi's text I became very scared...

I don't remember calling Mikey over though?

I recall thinking about it, but I wasn't actually going to bother him. I had a bad habit of not wanting to trouble people sometimes—even when it might be important. I mentally laughed; maybe I didn't call him in another timeline. I shrugged that off though, since it was ridiculous.

"Jeez Mikey, look at the time it's 11 a.m. on a Saturday, we should've got up like two hours ago." He didn't seem too pleased with my answer, instead pinning me to the bed.

"No. We sleep in!" He laid his body atop mine, letting himself relax all his weight so I was completely stuck. Try as I may, he was not going to budge and inch. It was a utter lost cause to even attempt to free myself.

"Mikey you dumbass! Get off me!" He simply hummed in delight at me struggling, holding me down tighter. When I finally stopped, he gave me a ton of kisses on my cheek and face.

"Okay, I'll get off," I tried to sit up but he held me down and continued, "if you give me a kiss on the lips!" I looked at him stunned, a little too early for such a request.

"Dude gross! I'll only do it if you let me get ready and brush my teeth first." Mikey happily obliged, getting off of me and heading straight to the bathroom. While he was in there I got changed, putting on something nice for work. Thankfully I had a later shift, so I had some time to mess around.

When he was done I took my turn in the bathroom, brushing my teeth and washing my face. Then of course, I gave Mikey his proper kiss. He was very overjoyed, hugging and squeezing me.

"You always smell so nice (Nickname)."

"You're overly clingy today, haha"

"Well it's not everyday you call me saying you're scared! I had never left my house so fast." Mikey pulled me into his lap. Then laid me flat on my back, to where he was looking down at me. "You're so pretty." The young man carelessly stated, smiling.

I got embarrassed from him staring directly at me, so I tried to hide, but he wouldn't let me.

"Okay, I have to get to work now let's go." He unwillingly complied, following me out the door. He drove me on his motorcycle, and waved goodbye because he was going to meet up with Draken and Takemichi later.

__ __

After my shift had ended, the daylight had run out. I tried to see Mikey again, but he said he was busy with gang stuff and did not want me to attend. So I decided to head home, but before that I made a quick stop at the same convenience store to pick up a few snacks. Then as I was walking toward my apartment, I glanced over at the bench I had first spotted Mikey sitting in.

It felt like such a distant memory. If I had just ignored him that night, the whole course of my life would have been different.

Would it really have been different though?

But just as I had recalled that night, I remembered the uneasy feeling I had when going home. Like someone was following me. Which was proved right, since Mikey had to beat up whoever it was. However again, I felt that bone-chilling feeling of being watched. Yet this time the fear was more intense, because I knew there was no one who would come help me.

I glanced around, anxiety starting to set in again. Then I started to walk forward again. My steps sounding very loud now. I tried my best to not seem like I was completely running away.

"My, where are you off too in such a hurry?"

I felt my whole world freeze up, the tension in the air growing. Sweat was gathering everywhere, while chills made my hair rise. The coldness from the terror I was feeling contrasted the heat of stress radiating off my body. That was undoubtedly, the voice of Kisaki Tetta. Without even turning around I started full out sprinting.

"I'm sorry no time to talk, I have to get home now!" I yelled, picking up the pace faster and faster. He didn't follow me, instead exclaiming one grave sentence.

"Even if I know that you will die in four days?"

I heard his laughter fade in the distance, now only focusing on getting to my apartment and locking my door.

╰┈➤ EDITED

•••┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ♡