⋆ ˚ 𖦹ْꓸ ⋆୨ chapter twenty-four ᵎᵎ

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪  ╰┈➤ "𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌

𓆩ꨄ︎𓆪
╰┈➤ "𝑰'𝒎 𝒔𝒐𝒓𝒓𝒚 𝑰 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒈𝒆𝒕 𝒉𝒊𝒎 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆 𝒃𝒂𝒄𝒌." Takemichi sweat dropped a little, remembering how Mikey threatened to kill him if he couldn't get Baji back.

"You have nothing to apologize for, if Baji isn't going to give up it can't be helped. Baji betrayed Toman. Tomorrow is our showdown, all of Toman will be in battle mode." Mikey's faced curved into a fierce, piercing gaze, "I've already prepared myself for the worst."

__ __

Draken urged me to follow him up the shrine steps.

"Stay up here with us, the guys tend to harass people who they think are wandering around the shrine during meetings. It would probably be best if you stayed behind me, to not draw attention." I nodded silently, following behind his big figure. I watched as Mikey came from behind us, his usually cheery self was replaced by a serious tone.

Normally he would not be letting me come to a gang meeting, since he made it very clear to me not to get involved in this type of stuff. Yet with the creepy stalker guy around my apartment, he didn't want to take chances leaving me alone. It was now October 30th, if what Kisaki said is true, I was running out of time.

I turned back to face the front—still following them up the steps.

"(Nickname)..." I heard Mikey whisper. Quickly I looked back again, he suddenly hugged me from behind, bringing his lips close to my ear. "Stay behind Ken-chin, okay?" He whispered very softly, and I could feel his warm breaths with each word. He backed away with a close-eyed smile. Again I just nodded, not exchanging any words. We reached the top of the stairs, and I finally got a good look at the gang from behind Draken. It was bigger than I thought it would look.

A sea of guys all dressed in black uniforms, a coat with yellow lettering and baggy pants, complete with white stocky boots. It was actually very intimidating to gaze at, and I was glad Mikey was my boyfriend right now. Although Draken was bigger than me, there were still some members who noticed my presence, as I heard faint murmurs that were probably about me. This was Draken's cue to announce the start.

"WE'RE STARTING THE RALLY FOR THE BATTLE AGAINST VALHALLA!!" Mikey stood tall, center stage, his face completely serious once more.

"Everyone is gathered!" Mikey steadied himself, getting ready to give his speech. "We're going to crush Valhalla tomorrow. They picked a fight with us. There's nothing to gain for us!!" Mikey paused for a moment, thinking about what to say next, "...And Baji is among our enemies. There is no mercy for traitors!! That's the Toman way!!" Then suddenly I watched as his face contorted itself a little weird, like he wanted to pout a little but was trying to keep a straight face. "Can I... act like a kid?" Everyone in the crowd was confused, with lots of 'huh' ringing throughout. Mikey plopped himself down onto the ground, his hair and coat falling down with him. "I can't fight with my friend." He finally said with a smile. The crowds confusion eased, and the people I could recognize smiled to themselves quietly. I couldn't see Draken's face but I could tell he was smiling as well. Mikey got up from sitting, proudly announcing the conclusion of his speech. "THAT'S MY ANSWER!! EVERYONE, LEND ME  YOUR STRENGTH!! TOMORROW, WE'RE GOING TO STOMP VALHALLA AND BRING BAJI BACK TO TOMAN!! THATS'S TOMAN'S FINAL SHOWDOWN!!"

His conclusion was met with cheers from the gang. Mikey kept his eyes forward, but his voice lowered to talk to us. "Sorry Draken. Does this disqualify me as president?"

"These cheers are your answer aren't they?" Mikey smiled very lightly. The rally was concluded, and Mikey finally turned to face me. Quickly, as everyone was still riled up from his speech, he took my hand and we silently crept away. We were moving quickly, not even stealing a glance behind us.

Eventually we stopped at an all too familiar place. Setting down by the ledge that overlooked the small seaside city. It was beautiful anytime of the day, and especially tonight because the city below was having a small firework festival. All around were colorful lights, as well as pretty explosions in the sky. I sat admiring the fireworks silently for a while. "How did you like the meeting, (Nickname)?" I turned to him with a grin,

"It was awesome, Mikey. You're such a wonderful leader." I brought him closer to me, and the serious commander soon faded to his usual self. He melted into my touch and laid his head on my shoulder. I could tell he was pouting, as always, but hugging me so tight. As if he was never going to let go this time.

"Did I look cool?"

"Very cool." I rubbed his back and he hummed, pressing his body closer.

"(Nickname)..." His voice grew very soft and very quiet.

"Yes? What's wrong Mikey?"

"I just feel a little uneasy. Like maybe, things won't work out. Maybe I'll lose Baji, or even worse... you."

The colorful flares of fireworks being set off lit up the sky. Different hues of reds, blues, greens, and oranges creating a pretty array of light.

"Look Mikey, the fireworks are so beautiful tonight." He reluctantly looked up, staring at the fireworks in awe. Quickly I made him turn his head toward me, so I could give him a kiss. We pressed our lips together, pulling away to look straight into his eyes. "I promised to always stay with you. I will be by your side until the end, Manjiro." I remembered Takemichi's words, and his resolve. Somehow now, it put me at ease.

Even if tomorrow was my last day, I felt confident that somehow I'd find myself alongside Mikey again.

We both positioned ourselves to face the fireworks.

"When you first came back and I saw you again, riding your bike... I knew my heart had always been yours." He was laying on my shoulder again, his side pressed securely on my own. He definitely was never letting go of me, and I too had no intention of leaving him.

"Just as my heart belongs to you, amore mio."

╰┈➤ EDITED

•••┊┊╰┈➤ EDITED ♡